5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX wheels on a Rebel?

JOzzz

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone has successfully run TRX takeoffs on a regular 1500. I have a ‘20 Rebel leveled with 5100’s and UCA’s. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeanM2

Reaction score
I believe they should fit just fine. I love the look of the TRX wheels and wanted to put them on my regular 1500. But the TRX wheels are "bead lock" wheels, which are great for severe off-roading where you want to air-down to less than 10 PSI. But the bead lock wheels are kinda problematic for any other use. They are more difficult to mount and are more prone to leaking air and are more prone to blowing out completely and loosing all the air in the tire. So I decided to go with some Rebel take-off wheels which I like much better than my factory wheels.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they should fit just fine. I love the look of the TRX wheels and wanted to put them on my regular 1500. But the TRX wheels are "bead lock" wheels, which are great for severe off-roading where you want to air-down to less than 10 PSI. But the bead lock wheels are kinda problematic for any other use. They are more difficult to mount and are more prone to leaking air and are more prone to blowing out completely and loosing all the air in the tire. So I decided to go with some Rebel take-off wheels which I like much better than my factory wheels.
The TRX bead locks are “capable” of running as beadlocks. But they are delivered as a standard mount. You’d have to buy separate beadlock rings to convert them to true beadlocks.
There’s also a non-beadlock TRX wheel.

Here’s a pic of the beadlock-capable TRX wheel. To run true beadlock, you need 24 bolts on the outer ring.

1695953669240.png

JOzzz

Reaction score
The TRX bead locks are “capable” of running as beadlocks. But they are delivered as a standard mount. You’d have to buy separate beadlock rings to convert them to true beadlocks.
There’s also a non-beadlock TRX wheel.

Here’s a pic of the beadlock-capable TRX wheel. To run true beadlock, you need 24 bolts on the outer ring.

View attachment 168297

The ones I’m looking at are the non-beadlock ones

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ones I’m looking at are the non-beadlock ones

i believe other threads ive seen running these take offs on a non trx u will need a spacer to clear the UCA's

this thread should answer all your questions

JOzzz

Reaction score
i believe other threads ive seen running these take offs on a non trx u will need a spacer to clear the UCA's

this thread should answer all your questions

Thank you!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wheels fit any truck just fine...it's the large tires that do not. They are just 18" wheels. No problem running those alone (with smaller tires obviously) on a stock truck.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wheels fit any truck just fine...it's the large tires that do not. They are just 18" wheels. No problem running those alone (with smaller tires obviously) on a stock truck.
True but any “takeoffs” I’ve seen around me at least come with factory tires which will rub.

Users who are viewing this thread