5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX trim levels speculation thread

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe IRS determine what get charged gas guzzler.

The 10spd is stout, it can handle the power, next gen will have 3.5tt then see how it goes.

For folks who want to hear exhaust sound without voice overs or dramatic music as if it will save the planet, use this link.

Just checked, apparently the Gas Guzzler Tax is applied by the EPA, only gets tacked on to passenger cars. Trucks, minivans and SUVs are not part of it. But you are right, the IRS collects it directly from the manufacturer who than passes on to the window sticker.

Luckily it's not applied to trucks, because Hemi Rams that are rated 17 mpg combined (15 city / 22 hwy), which is most of them, would have a $3,000 tax!

For the Raptor, there is definitely going to be a V8 option.

Tom488

Reaction score
I went to my dealer today, and we went to put in an order for a TRX, but with one problem. Even though the online config builder on the public website lets you choose the Trailer Camera Wiring Prep (sales code XFQ), the internal ordering system didn't list it. It does not appear to have been integrated in any of the other packages.

Does anyone have any insight into why this might be, other than just a glitch in their ordering system? I don't want to deal with all the extra hassle of trying to add this in post-sale, especially after seeing what some people went through trying to fix the whole trailer-tow mirror/SurroundView camera debacle.

ETA: Issue (essentially) resolved. Initially, I thought this was an option that would integrate a trailer camera with the rest of the camera displays - like the GMs do. I now see that this option, XFQ, is simply a wiring harness and connector at the rear, for you to add your own display to view an optional trailer camera. It's a stand-alone setup - no integration with the UConnect system. In fact, Mopar Accessories offers the exact same thing specifically for vehicles WITHOUT the XFQ option... and it's $200 less, to boot (so I guess the factory charges $200 to install it for you).

Given that, I just ordered the truck without it. Now the wait begins... it seems like I just did this two years ago, with the first 5th Gen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread