5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Supertruck!!!

Awood05

Reaction score
Thats an awesome video.

I will say, my Raptor was 5 Star tuned. They do good work with the Ford products. Mine was a beast with the performance tune. Still wouldn’t have taken out the TRX though. If the TRX wasn’t so damn expensive, I’d consider buying one. Too rich for my income.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Testament to what a TT ford is all about. The stats of the TRX vs regular whatever ford, and the TRX not winning by much ...

Either way, TRX is badass. Much respect to the blue ford too

Turaco

Reaction score
Testament to what a TT ford is all about. The stats of the TRX vs regular whatever ford, and the TRX not winning by much ...

Yep, look at what nissan has been able to achieve with the 3.6 TT engine in the GT-R, faster than most supercars. The ability to tune these turbo engines opens them up to a lot more power.
Now, as to 0-60 times, ‘winning by much’ doesnt matter as the race is so short. The fact that the TRX can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds is just mind blowing and as we witnessed even the cobra with 750hp couldn’t achieve it.
Thats an awesome video.

I will say, my Raptor was 5 Star tuned. They do good work with the Ford products. Mine was a beast with the performance tune. Still wouldn’t have taken out the TRX though. If the TRX wasn’t so damn expensive, I’d consider buying one. Too rich for my income.
The TRX and the Raptor are similar in price in the $70k range, no? If optioned the TRX get much more expensive however.

Awood05

Reaction score
Yep, look at what nissan has been able to achieve with the 3.6 TT engine in the GT-R, faster than most supercars. The ability to tune these turbo engines opens them up to a lot more power.
Now, as to 0-60 times, ‘winning by much’ doesnt matter as the race is so short. The fact that the TRX can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds is just mind blowing and as we witnessed even the cobra with 750hp couldn’t achieve it.

The TRX and the Raptor are similar in price in the $70k range, no? If optioned the TRX get much more expensive however.
A fully loaded 2020 Raptor stickers for $75,000. The base price for the TRX is $75,000. I built one on the RAM website the other day, optioned out similar to my old Raptor the TRX was $87,000.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Man I thought the same thing and then realized - good lord the Ram's running enormous and heavy offroad tires, AND skidplates, AND all the suspension goodies, reinforced frame, and extra fender meat!

I imagine someone with a TRX might try to lower and lighten it. I can't imagine how fast that truck would be. Is 3.9s 0-60 impossible?
Fat street tires, lowered, skidplates removed, spare tire removed, etc.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man I thought the same thing and then realized - good lord the Ram's running enormous and heavy offroad tires, AND skidplates, AND all the suspension goodies, reinforced frame, and extra fender meat!

I imagine someone with a TRX might try to lower and lighten it. I can't imagine how fast that truck would be. Is 3.9s 0-60 impossible?
Fat street tires, lowered, skidplates removed, spare tire removed, etc.
It already beat 3.9 to 60

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It already beat 3.9 to 60

tumblr_npnr8nNoLr1tc05ego9_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread