5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX rear tow hooks?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
New order of laser cut metal arriving tommow. I'm down four orders right now and have another 4 at powder coat. I'll get the four orders built by Wednesday night and then start chipping away to try to build up some inventory. So far I have been selling them as fast as I can build them but I'm getting faster at building them so I may be able to get ahead. :ROFLMAO:

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Will these work on a non-rebel? I have a 4x4 BTS with the factory hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John is correct. They fit all 5th Gen Ram 1500s. With the air suspension you have to remove and reinstall an air module or pump on the passenger side.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on how much time, effort and possibly parts this might entail?
The install is pretty quick. No parts are needed. There is a pump or module for the air suspension system that you have to remove the bolts from and move the module to the side to access one of the bolts on the receiver hitch. Most people have their install done in less than an hour. As far as tools, you’ll need a 19mm or 3/4” wrench and socket to install the hooks to the brackets. You’ll need a 21 mm socket and extension to remove and install the receiver bolts and 13mm socket and or wrench to remove and install the air module.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you've bought and installed a set, please post up your pictures on this thread and let us know what you think. TRX Tow Hook Welds 5.jpg TRX Tow Hook Welds 4.jpg TRX Tow Hook Welds 3.jpg TRX Tow Hook Welds Back Side.jpg TRX Tow Hook Welds 2.jpg TRX Tow Hook Sets.jpg I was able to get four extra sets built and dropped off at powder coat yesterday. I built another set that I left raw steel. I should be able to get several sets ahead this week. Raw steel will ship in one day while we have them in stock and powder coat should ship in 7-10 business days from today until those are sold out. For the materials I have left, I will take half to powder coat and leave the other half raw steel. I'm trying to get ahead and stay ahead on these so I can get the 4th gen and 2500/3500 sets going.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We have a limited supply of 5th gen rear tow hook brackets in stock. A few powder coated and a few bare steel. Get your orders in now before lead times go up. We are launching our 4th gen brackets so once these 5th gen brackets we currently have are gone, the lead times will increase over normal since we will need to fill 4th gen preorders.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
They are going fast. We have a few bare steel and a few powder coated left in stock. We also developed 4th gen brackets that available for preorder at a discounted price over what they will be normally sold at. Once the current stock of 5th Gen brackets are sold it will be a little bit before we get more in stock due to having to fill 4th gen orders and finish up some custom work as well as some 2500/3500 products we are developing. Thank you all for keeping us VERY busy!!!!

Jack.

Reaction score
Anyone has these installed on a laramie? or prob a bighorn? i think theyre the same layout. I also have the side step thing that helps you get into the bed. Was wondering if that would cause an issue?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone has these installed on a laramie? or prob a bighorn? i think theyre the same layout. I also have the side step thing that helps you get into the bed. Was wondering if that would cause an issue?
Some info, 10:45 mark on video.

Users who are viewing this thread