5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX rear tow hooks?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ohh i see, i guess i can get rid of my steps since i dont particularly uses it haha
They work just fine on all of the 5th Gen Ram 1500s. If you want the step, they work with the Amp Research Step for sure. Let us know if we can answer any questions.

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
0F2CC65E-9794-4564-93AB-64549B37DD0A.jpeg 80DDC8A3-B1B8-47E3-9917-38CD61DA6D34.jpeg 5E79F5B6-D404-47E6-BD2F-EA60FEA341B8.jpeg Got my hooks and lights installed today, drivers side was pretty easy but the passenger side took a little more work due to some stuff for the air suspension that was in the way.

They look amazing and are rock solid, if you’re on the fence about getting them I’d highly recommend doing it.

Jack.

Reaction score

Jack.

Reaction score
Those are the pro, they’re super bright at night especially in reverse. I’m electrically challenged so I bought the plug and play kit from shifts and grins and it made it super easy.
Im assuming they switches between white and red depending on if youre breaking or reversing correct? I think i may go with the sport lol i dont want to blind people when i hit the break and i do a lot of night driving 😭

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Im assuming they switches between white and red depending on if youre breaking or reversing correct? I think i may go with the sport lol i dont want to blind people when i hit the break and i do a lot of night driving 😭
The red is only taillight bright, they don’t get brighter with your brakes. You’ll blind people backing up though 😂. I had my daughter put my truck in revers to test them when I first got it at night and I was staring at them behind the truck.

Needless to say I appreciate the adjustability to aim them more down now.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We typically wire them for the red to be on with your tail lights. We can wire the plug and play to work with your turn signals and brake lights but a I’ve had one person say there is a slight lag in the pod light flashing and the turn signal flashing. Only one person has reported that so I’m not sure if the others haven’t noticed, didn’t care, or the one mentioned it was an anomaly. As far as the red light goes, the output is the same with pro and sport. The white light is the difference with the pro being brighter. The red is bright but not blinding bright. It’s like a bright tail or brake light.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The red is only taillight bright, they don’t get brighter with your brakes. You’ll blind people backing up though 😂. I had my daughter put my truck in revers to test them when I first got it at night and I was staring at them behind the truck.

Needless to say I appreciate the adjustability to aim them more down now.
Nice!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 129774 View attachment 129775 View attachment 129776 Got my hooks and lights installed today, drivers side was pretty easy but the passenger side took a little more work due to some stuff for the air suspension that was in the way.

They look amazing and are rock solid, if you’re on the fence about getting them I’d highly recommend doing it.
Looks great! The air suspension module is a little annoying. It’s so much easier to install without it. Most of the time they aren’t too bad though. I had to take mine off of my Rebel so many times during test and evaluation of the brackets. Lol

bvigne01

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I have the step on my truck too so good to know it will fit with minor modification

Users who are viewing this thread