5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Order Lead time

How long did it take to get your TRX from ordering to driving off the lot?

• 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 6 months to 1 year

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 1 year +

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

BotPosted

Reaction score
Love it!!!
Yeah bigtime Congrats to you!
Am getting closer, not sure how much.. but at least (after checking, Lords only knows how many times).. finally went from Ordered to 'scheduled'.. lol
Not sure how long it'll take from here before the vehicle is built.. but patience is key.. am finding.. :)
TRX schedule.PNG

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am getting closer, not sure how much.. but at least (after checking, Lords only knows how many times).. finally went from Ordered to 'scheduled'.. lol
Not sure how long it'll take from here before the vehicle is built.. but patience is key.. am finding.. :)
View attachment 135381
Contact your dealer and ask for an updated POC (Priced Order Confirmation). If you're "scheduled", then the POC should show an Estimated Ship Date - this is roughly the date that it is expected to run down the main assembly line.

BotPosted

Reaction score
Contact your dealer and ask for an updated POC (Priced Order Confirmation). If you're "scheduled", then the POC should show an Estimated Ship Date - this is roughly the date that it is expected to run down the main assembly line.
Good to know..
I'll reach out to the dealer..
Appreciate it..

Jerry0126

Reaction score
View attachment 135381
OMY ,it is too long time , I can't wait it for half year,

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah its been kind of rough...
Truck has shipped to the dealer.. lord only knows how long it'll take to arrive..
Once you fire it up and drive it, you'll understand why it's worth the wait.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
So, Koons estimated a 8-10 weeks from when the “order goes into production”. Is that a reach? How long has the wait been from order entering to going into production? Thanks!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, Koons estimated a 8-10 weeks from when the “order goes into production”. Is that a reach? How long has the wait been from order entering to going into production? Thanks!
Anyone who gives you a timeline on the TRX is just guessing. Here's what I would tell you:

First, it depends on whether you have a 2022 or 2023. The 2022's should be built out by mid-November. The 2023's don't START until the end of October. So if you're waiting on a 2023, you're in for 2 months of nothing, then a roll-of-the-dice as to when it will go into production. Could be the first week, could be 6 months later. Here's a chart showing over 2200 data points (from member orders in the TRX forum). It shows today's winners, but disregard that part. You want to compare the squiggly dark line on the left (which is the order timeline, by VIN) against the red dots (representing actual build dates by VIN). For example, look at the 216000 range. A ton of orders went in around 11/10/21. Some were built 2 weeks later, while others were built 9 months later. There is no rhyme or reason as to when a particular order will be selected for production, despite theories to the contrary.

Picture2-1.jpg

Now, as to the timeframe from Build Sheet (i.e., it got built) to delivery, that's another "it depends" thing. Going from Build Sheet to Window Sticker (meaning it's passed inspection and has been released for shipping) can vary anywhere from same-day to 6+ months - it just depends on whether the truck had any issues that needed to be corrected. Average is somewhere around 3-5 days. Then shipping, and that depends on where you live. Call it a rough average of 4-5 weeks.

So there you go. Clear as mud.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Anyone who gives you a timeline on the TRX is just guessing. Here's what I would tell you:

First, it depends on whether you have a 2022 or 2023. The 2022's should be built out by mid-November. The 2023's don't START until the end of October. So if you're waiting on a 2023, you're in for 2 months of nothing, then a roll-of-the-dice as to when it will go into production. Could be the first week, could be 6 months later. Here's a chart showing over 2200 data points (from member orders in the TRX forum). It shows today's winners, but disregard that part. You want to compare the squiggly dark line on the left (which is the order timeline, by VIN) against the red dots (representing actual build dates by VIN). For example, look at the 216000 range. A ton of orders went in around 11/10/21. Some were built 2 weeks later, while others were built 9 months later. There is no rhyme or reason as to when a particular order will be selected for production, despite theories to the contrary.

View attachment 138672

Now, as to the timeframe from Build Sheet (i.e., it got built) to delivery, that's another "it depends" thing. Going from Build Sheet to Window Sticker (meaning it's passed inspection and has been released for shipping) can vary anywhere from same-day to 6+ months - it just depends on whether the truck had any issues that needed to be corrected. Average is somewhere around 3-5 days. Then shipping, and that depends on where you live. Call it a rough average of 4-5 weeks.

So there you go. Clear as mud.
Thank for quick response! I’m familiar with orderin process as I currently have a 2022 Ram 2500 that was ordered on 6/21/21 and delivered on 1/8/22. It was same, we followed builds on HDRams and there was NEVER rhyme or reason for the production runs. I’m well versed in the pain staking process. Although, I now see Ram has an order tracking site, where before I had to deal with the incompetent RamChat process.

The quote I got was for a 2023 model. I’m guessing they’ve closed the door on ordering 2022 models.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank for quick response! I’m familiar with orderin process as I currently have a 2022 Ram 2500 that was ordered on 6/21/21 and delivered on 1/8/22. It was same, we followed builds on HDRams and there was NEVER rhyme or reason for the production runs. I’m well versed in the pain staking process. Although, I now see Ram has an order tracking site, where before I had to deal with the incompetent RamChat process.

The quote I got was for a 2023 model. I’m guessing they’ve closed the door on ordering 2022 models.
Yeah, they shut off the 2022 orders on 8/17, and opened 2023 orders on 8/18.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any other dealers that are bearing Koons pricing?
See this post (with link). It's not always about the "deal" off of MSRP. You need to also look at the doc/processing fees, shipping costs or travel costs to pick up, trade-in values at each dealer, etc.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I’ll keep checking in with this thread. I just put my order in yesterday. VON assigned, but not traceable yet.

Users who are viewing this thread