5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Is up on build and price. Want level 2? $80k+

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
Anyone tried to order yet? My dealer says the only thing in Dealer Connect right now is the launch edition.

Talked with my dealer and he said it would be later this year before being able to order. As of now only launch editions can be ordered and a dealer needs an allocation to be able to order a launch edition.
I have no desire for a launch edition as I want a blue one so I will have to wait.

The good news for me though; is with the EP pricing I can get a little over 11k off sticker when I am able to order one.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
You should see the number of raptors at my kids' elementary school during drop off in the morning...you need a truck like this to feel like a man when you roll into the starbucks parking lot to grab your oat milk latte on your way to work at the financial services firm office in the office park.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You should see the number of raptors at my kids' elementary school during drop off in the morning...you need a truck like this to feel like a man when you roll into the starbucks parking lot to grab your oat milk latte on your way to work at the financial services firm office in the office park.

HEY! Sometimes us IT and Finance guys in the office park need an ego boost, OK!?! :geek:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
my only questions is will the wheels and tires fit on a Laramie with the OFG? That's the only thing I want from this truck.
What's OFG? Do you mean ORG? Those tires won't clear on your Laramie without a lift.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
What's OFG? Do you mean ORG? Those tires won't clear on your Laramie without a lift.
opps yea ORG. I Think I will just look at bigger tires for my existing wheels. Thinking 295/60/20 KO2's.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HEY! Sometimes us IT and Finance guys in the office park need an ego boost, OK!?! :geek:
hahahah.... im right there with ya :ROFLMAO: (y) lots of my clients are blue collar business owners, so luckily theyre not expecting the audi or bmw to chauffeur them to lunch lol

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I got my non launch edition ordered today with a VON so who knows what’s going on.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would be fine with a Level 1, except it doesn't included heated seats or steering wheel (which I've grown to love). That means I have to go Level 2 and to get the red accents on that level, I need to pay an additional $1,500!!!

Considering the cost difference, I would still go with Level 1. Something I could afford, however without the initial price gouging. I would have to wait a while for that to go away.

So for me, a 2022 TRX in Red, LV1 package.

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
I would be fine with a Level 1, except it doesn't included heated seats or steering wheel (which I've grown to love). That means I have to go Level 2 and to get the red accents on that level, I need to pay an additional $1,500!!!

Considering the cost difference, I would still go with Level 1. Something I could afford, however without the initial price gouging. I would have to wait a while for that to go away.

So for me, a 2022 TRX in Red, LV1 package.

If you want to fly to Nebraska and drive it home; the dealer I buy from doesn't do the price gouging thing.

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
I got my non launch edition ordered today with a VON so who knows what’s going on.

Where was this at? My dealer was told by the regional Ram rep that non-launch editions couldn't be ordered until later this fall.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I want proximity entry which means level 2. This should really be standard on a 70K truck.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want proximity entry which means level 2. This should really be standard on a 70K truck.

It is standard on a $70k truck... just not on a 700hp $70k truck. Gotta pony up to get the entire wish-list!

I’m with you though, it stinks that the upgrade packages are so highly priced. I’d need to get to level 2 just to get the standard creature comforts I’ve become accustomed to. I guess that means I’d be in the $85k region on a 700hp factory ride.

Oh well, I don’t suppose they created this vehicle to appease those of us on a middle class budget

Wch_chip

Reaction score
It is standard on a $70k truck... just not on a 700hp $70k truck. Gotta pony up to get the entire wish-list!

I’m with you though, it stinks that the upgrade packages are so highly priced. I’d need to get to level 2 just to get the standard creature comforts I’ve become accustomed to. I guess that means I’d be in the $85k region on a 700hp factory ride.

Oh well, I don’t suppose they created this vehicle to appease those of us on a middle class budget

That's fair and I'm right there with you on price although I'm not buying for a bit.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
Where was this at? My dealer was told by the regional Ram rep that non-launch editions couldn't be ordered until later this fall.
NC. I am under the impression that something has to do with the date 8/24. Not sure what but I have friends at 3 dealers and all of them got an email from their regional reps telling them something about the 24th but maybe since all 702 launch editions sold out in 3 hours they said heck with it and opened it up.

To the comment about no heated seats Ievel 1, that’s not true. You get heated seats and steering wheel. What you don’t get is the ventilated seats. There are two other things you cannot get without level 2. No HUD and no memory seats. I did want the HUD and would pay for that standalone option but not willing to get the level 2 equipment just to pay another $1100 for the HUD.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I am also a little curious if all those 702 Launch Editions were sold orders or dealers getting for dealer stock.there was nothing on that truck for me that warranted paying $90k+. I suppose there are plenty of people with disposable income but even if I was one of them, I just wouldn’t be dropping the dough on that truck. Now if they said it gets the RedEye engine...well..then that may be different.

Tom488

Reaction score
To the comment about no heated seats Ievel 1, that’s not true. You get heated seats and steering wheel. What you don’t get is the ventilated seats.
From looking at the pkg descriptions on the ramtrucks.com build site, level 1 only gets you front heated seats. Level 2 adds the rear seat heaters.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I would have picked one up for $60k but there isn’t a car on the planet worth more than that or even that. I have 33k on my Laramie ORG fully loaded with all the goodies. Listed for $62 and I paid 48 off the lot

In a few years they will sell for 40s regardless of options

just look at the Gladiators and Rubicons being discounted right now after years of premiums

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would have picked one up for $60k but there isn’t a car on the planet worth more than that or even that. I have 33k on my Laramie ORG fully loaded with all the goodies. Listed for $62 and I paid 48 off the lot

In a few years they will sell for 40s regardless of options

just look at the Gladiators and Rubicons being discounted right now after years of premiums

Very few vehicles hold a premium after their initial release date, almost all vehicles get discounted to some degree. However, full size trucks have always had a rather large discount off MSRP built into them. The "$10,000" off MSRP is built into the price right off the bat.

However, the one vehicle that hasn't held true for is the Raptor, it seems to consistently sell for at or very near MSRP. I suspect the TRX will do the same. I don't see a discount being applied to these specialty vehicles even after the novelty wears off and the dealer tack-ons go away.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I see your point and I think the same is true for the Tacoma. Ford has better resale than RAM but I think that will be less true in the future due to RAM design quality and FORD pricing being so much higher. There’s always deals to be had though if you can wait :)

Very few vehicles hold a premium after their initial release date, almost all vehicles get discounted to some degree. However, full size trucks have always had a rather large discount off MSRP built into them. The "$10,000" off MSRP is built into the price right off the bat.

However, the one vehicle that hasn't held true for is the Raptor, it seems to consistently sell for at or very near MSRP. I suspect the TRX will do the same. I don't see a discount being applied to these specialty vehicles even after the novelty wears off and the dealer tack-ons go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/