5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Fuel

kliffy77

Reaction score
What fuel are you guys using in your TRX? In the user manual Ram recommends 91 US, Any gains in using higher octane premium fuel or is it a waste of money? Thanks!

Burnzie

Reaction score
I saw 93 the other day but its oxygenated
NORTHERN MINNESOTA

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you are tuning there is no gain. The fuel maps are not dynamic to boost performance, they only pull timing to adjust for knock or predetonation which you absolutely do not want on a FI ( supercharged or turbo ) platform. By the time knock is sensed, damage could already have been done.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I just got my TRX last Thursday. When I picked it up the salesman mentioned that he had taken it to the gas station and put $35 of gas in. I asked him what fuel he put in and he said Regular 87 octane. He had no idea it was supposed to be 91 octane. I ran it about 100 miles on the 87 and noticed no pinging but I was driving it easy. Then I topped it off with 93. Been using 93 ever since.

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just got my TRX last Thursday. When I picked it up the salesman mentioned that he had taken it to the gas station and put $35 of gas in. I asked him what fuel he put in and he said Regular 87 octane. He had no idea it was supposed to be 91 octane. I ran it about 100 miles on the 87 and noticed no pinging but I was driving it easy. Then I topped it off with 93. Been using 93 ever since.
Did that salesman also say your TRX has a turbocharger? Lol. Seems like a salesman should know what gas it takes or at least pay attention to what it says on the door!

congrats on the TRX though! Such a dope truck

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Did that salesman also say your TRX has a turbocharger? Lol. Seems like a salesman should know what gas it takes or at least pay attention to what it says on the door!

congrats on the TRX though! Such a dope truck
Thanks, the TRX is simply amazing. I’ve had a couple 1,000cc sportbikes that accelerate quicker but that is all. There is a reason they are expensive

kliffy77

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new TRX, Getting mine this weekend will go with 93 thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread