5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trx Body panels

Scorch95

Reaction score
I realize the TRX is still relatively new but do we know if the fenders and hood will swap over individually or is it a package deal? My fathers ram 1500 he bought in December got hammered with hail and now resembles a golf ball and insurance amongst other things is replacing the hood. Thought about getting the sport hood but if a trx hood fits then might try and go for it. Also are the fenders metal or fiberglass like most aftermarket fenders of the type?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You'll need more than just the hood. The shape of the grille is different. I've read in review articles that the front fenders are composite, not metal. Another issue is that even if you can fit the front fenders, the wheelbase is wider on the TRX, so it might look kind of goofy having flared out fenders on a stock 1500 wheelbase. I'm all for someone trying this, as I would have loved to be able to buy a Limited or Rebel with say a TRX appearance package. I just don't think it's going to be easy for you to just swap out parts like you're thinking.

Scorch95

Reaction score
You'll need more than just the hood. The shape of the grille is different. I've read in review articles that the front fenders are composite, not metal. Another issue is that even if you can fit the front fenders, the wheelbase is wider on the TRX, so it might look kind of goofy having flared out fenders on a stock 1500 wheelbase. I'm all for someone trying this, as I would have loved to be able to buy a Limited or Rebel with say a TRX appearance package. I just don't think it's going to be easy for you to just swap out parts like you're thinking.

I should clarify that I really only want the hood for all the reasons you listed above but was skeptical that the hood may be shaped around the new wide arch fenders and grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDHarris

Reaction score
The grille area where it meets the hood is different between the TRX and the normal sport hood. The most obvious difference is in the center of the hood where it meets the grille. It’s straight across on the TRX and dips down slightly in the center where the hood release is on the sport hood. There may be other differences, but I’m not sure.

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
There are a few aftermarket hoods currently available: one that mimics the challenger redeye hood, another like the 2019 sema concept trucks, and one like the 4th gen sport hood but with 5th gen fitment. I imagine companies are working on a TRX knockoff as we speak just gotta give it time. Still hoping Ram releases the concept one (that they took out a patent on) as a Mopar accessory.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
The TRX hood is just sexy. I'd love to have that on my Sport too but as the guys above mentioned, I don't think its an easy swap.

D-dub

Reaction score
You'd also need the flared bed.

A-A-RonMD

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today because I'd really like to put the TRX grille on my Rebel. Assuming the dimensions are the same I would be guessing you'd have to get both the hood and the grille to make it work.

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
The hood wouldn't be necessary but the problem is the grille will fit Limited lights only...and even if you have Limited lights there is a piece that sits just below that would be missing. The TRX piece below the lights only fits the widebody panels and the Limited piece below the lights only fits the Limited/Longhorn grille.

jmr

Reaction score
The TRX hood will not swap over easily without replacing the grille too. The leading edge of the TRX hood is shaped differently where it meets the grill. TRW-Front-Small.jpg

Last edited:

ANYHEMI

Reaction score

Not sure if this will fit a Rebel, but considering it for my Laramie ORG.
This might be something to consider. Vicrez has a TRX style hood available now too.

ifrankyr

Reaction score
Anyone know if the the ram rebel grill (

68405010AA) will fit my 2020 bighorn? Or if you know a oem look a like on eBay ? Thanks.​

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a thread where someone has a TRX-style grill he is looking to sell. Not sure if it fits your truck, but worth looking into.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Looks like based on the photos of the Vicrez TRX style hood that it will only fit a TRX as it does not have the middle notch like our 5th gen hoods. Kinda makes no sense to me why they would do that.
Amerihood has a decent hood out that I was thinking of trying. Be nice to see if anyone else has installed one of these yet and how it turned out.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like based on the photos of the Vicrez TRX style hood that it will only fit a TRX as it does not have the middle notch like our 5th gen hoods. Kinda makes no sense to me why they would do that.
Amerihood has a decent hood out that I was thinking of trying. Be nice to see if anyone else has installed one of these yet and how it turned out.
I'm interested in this but also concerned about the fit. I haven't had much luck with the fit of fiberglass replacement panels on other vehicles over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread