5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX body kit?

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
If the TRX was available as a body kit: fender flares, bed sides, hood, grille, and front bumper, would you be interested? Maybe Ram or an aftermarket vendor will see this thread and bring it to fruition.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A TRX body kit would be a nice mod option. If it were me, I would want to make sure I had a little more power before I added that kit - wouldn't want to embarrass the nameplate :D

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE the TRX but it's just not practical as a daily. I would love a 392/6.4 TRX but the way things are trending with hybrids and electrification I would be satisfied with just a 5.7 V8.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I get it, I would jump in a heartbeat if Ram offered a 392 option. Like you, the TRX just doesn't fit my needs, as I don't have time for a toy that can't double as a daily driver these days. I do think a TRX kit would look great on a lowered 2wd Ram.

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
I get it, I would jump in a heartbeat if Ram offered a 392 option. Like you, the TRX just doesn't fit my needs, as I don't have time for a toy that can't double as a daily driver these days. I do think a TRX kit would look great on a lowered 2wd Ram.
You're speaking my language now broski. The TRX has a wider track so you can add bigger/taller tires but not wider wheels (unless you wanna stick out of an already wide fender). But if it was a kit on a regular track Ram you could put a set of 22x12's maybe even 22x14's and still be flush. Wrapped in some Nitto 420V's and lowered.😍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-105652_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607-105652_Instagram.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 44

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're speaking my language now broski. The TRX has a wider track so you can add bigger/taller tires but not wider wheels (unless you wanna stick out of an already wide fender). But if it was a kit on a regular track Ram you could put a set of 22x12's maybe even 22x14's and still be flush. Wrapped in some Nitto 420V's and lowered.😍
Yeah isn't the track width like 6" wider overall compared to a Rebel? Unless you went with much wider wheels and tires it'd just look dumb to have a giant body on a tiny frame. You're then lowering the daily driving aspect of the truck you want to keep as daily-drivable.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Oohhhhhyyyeeeaahh!

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
Yeah isn't the track width like 6" wider overall compared to a Rebel? Unless you went with much wider wheels and tires it'd just look dumb to have a giant body on a tiny frame. You're then lowering the daily driving aspect of the truck you want to keep as daily-drivable.
Wider wheels with a more negative offset would remedy the fitment issues. Lifts, bigger wheels and tires are all hurt your mpg but that supercharged 6.2 is the death nail.

Users who are viewing this thread