5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX body conversion

Brando14

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any TRX conversions going on? Specially the body (fenders, bedsides). Ever since the TRX came out ive been waiting on someone to try it, as it’s pretty common for people to do the Raptor body work on regular F150s.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You want a fakeTRX? I would rather sneak in a Whipple with a debadged unassuming looking 1500.

Last edited:

Brando14

Reaction score
You want a fakeTRX? I would rather sneak in a Whipple and dust a TRX with a debadged unassuming looking 1500.
Well part of it is the look, but in the case of like the F150 guys going to Raptor body panels, it’s partly about getting more clearance for tires/ wheel travel. I’m not saying I’m going to do it, but I’d like to see someone else do it 😂. But if someone did the body work, threw a SC on and some better suspension. I wouldn’t hate on it. No it’s not a real TRX but it’d still be a cool build.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll have to see if I can find the thread later on but there was a guy that was doing a TRX style body and whipper. IMO as cool as it may sound I would rather let the TRX be the TRX and either keep what you have and change it up slightly without trying to imitate a TRX or upgrade to a TRX. It’s like a SXT challenger or Charger adding all the hellcat style aesthetics.

Edit: here you go. Probably the closest thread you’ll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dust a TRX? 🤣 You'd have to do a heck of a lot more than stick a SC on a 5.7 to match the Hellcat let alone "dust" it.
True. Mistyped on my part. I was thinking dusting other 1500s but it didn't come out that way did it? I stand corrected.

Brando14

Reaction score
I’ll have to see if I can find the thread later on but there was a guy that was doing a TRX style body and whipper. IMO as cool as it may sound I would rather let the TRX be the TRX and either keep what you have and change it up slightly without trying to imitate a TRX or upgrade to a TRX. It’s like a SXT challenger or Charger adding all the hellcat style aesthetics.

Edit: here you go. Probably the closest thread you’ll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I have seen that build before, I think he went with the fiberwerx fenders and bedsides, which is cool imo too. I really like the pre runner style builds, and that’s not exclusive to the TRX. Pre runner builds seem pretty popular on 4th Gen rams. Just haven’t seen many 5th gens.

Users who are viewing this thread