5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Being Removed for Obstructing Train Tracks

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That sucks, possible drivetrain damage to that TRX being dragged like that with a chain, but the owner blocked the rails and therefore a freaking public transit rail train, they are going to move it as soon as they can.

I can imagine this is a pretty common occurrence of vehicles blocking rails in the city.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I don't know what the laws and/or rules are for this type of occurrence but the method used to remove the vehicle was not only extremely dangerous but simply as stupid as it could have gotten.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sacramento/comments/ysvv8e
Looks like a TRX was blocking the train tracks and needed to be removed. However, instead of waiting for a tow truck, Sacramento's Regional Transit decided to use a work truck to handle the job.
Not a lawyer, but I'd think they have apparent right-of-way, and therefore also the right to use any means at their disposal to clear obstructions. In most cities, the vehicle's owner would find himself in court facing fines and towing and storage fees to get it back from the impound lot. That may have also happened, though not shown in this clip.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I cannot see the link but if you are stupid enough to park blocking a train track they should be able to move your truck with an excavator and a dump truck.

Sorry about the scratch, it'll buff out!

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I cannot see the link but if you are stupid enough to park blocking a train track they should be able to move your truck with an excavator and a dump truck.

Sorry about the scratch, it'll buff out!
It doesn't show the link but click on it and the video should pop up. It did for me anyway

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
It doesn't show the link but click on it and the video should pop up. It did for me anyway
Worked on my tablet. I was on my phone earlier.

Dang, that Ford was struggling to pull him too. Just parked.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The truck was blocking the right of way for the trolly so it had to be removed. Regardless of what was used to remove the truck, it still would've needed to be dragged out of the spot because there was no key available to drive it out. It's just like being trespass towed for illegally parking somewhere. In fact thats basically what they did. If you're that stupid to park your vehicle on the tracks then I have no sympathy for the owner or vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread