5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX and Raptor side by side photo

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty cool to see them side by side. As much as I hate the look of the F-150, the Raptor does look good. The V6 sounds awful and the interior is very cheap compared to the Ram. I am looking forward to a good comparison article. I think the Ram should really excel. I’m sure Ford was caught a bit off guard and are scrambling to do something as they won’t give up easily.

antwon412

Reaction score
Exterior wise, I think the Raptor is hands down the best looking half ton truck available. The stance is just perfect. Wide and low.

Give me the Ram interior in that Raptor and I would be in heaven.

TRX is good too. Really need to see one in person. For some reason that I cannot discern, it just doesn’t “speak” to me.

But I am sure as soon as I sit in one or see it at the dealership the temptation to trade in my 6 month old, highly optioned Rebel will be hard to resist!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is circulating or not.

View attachment 69710

This was on Ford Authority yesterday.

The TRX is wider, taller and longer.
If you had asked me beforehand which was better looking, I wouldn't have had a strong opinion. Now I'd say TRX (possibly with the exception of those wheels).

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you had asked me beforehand which was better looking, I wouldn't have had a strong opinion. Now I'd say TRX (possibly with the exception of those wheels).
I agree, I've liked the Raptor for a while and now next to the TRX it looks pretty old. Ram is stepping up and going to leave GM in the dust for #2

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Give me the Ram interior in that Raptor and I would be in heaven.

I doubt it will be quite as good as the Ram interior, but the 2021 Raptor will supposedly have the revised 2021 F-150 interior. It will be closer.

Before the TRX, I liked the Raptors... until every 10th guy in my area bought one. I cannot take a drive through the city without seeing at least two or three "street queen" Raptors.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I ordered mine without the beadlocks. Just think the non-beadlocks look better.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
As a casual observer I think the Raptor still looks better from the exterior. Gimme the Raptor front end with the TRX hood. Don’t know anything about the interior and probably never will lol.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I do love the Raptor look, always did, but seeing them side by side I can honestly say I prefer the TRX hood, grille and headlights compared to the Raptor but like the front bumper, fog lights, lower fascia and skid plate on the Raptor better. Both are badass looking!

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I had a gen 1 Raptor in the early days (2011). It was an amazing truck to own at the time and you became a celebrity at every fuel stop. You aimed for pot holes and curbs at speed. Fun experience but I'm meh on them now. Too many out there.

TRX is sweet but too rich for my blood. I think there are more Raptors than Rebels around here and it's a much more subdued truck so I'm good with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do love the Raptor look, always did, but seeing them side by side I can honestly say I prefer the TRX hood, grille and headlights compared to the Raptor but like the front bumper, fog lights, lower fascia and skid plate on the Raptor better. Both are badass looking!
I agree, the late-model Raptors are really great looking trucks. I saw one a few months ago that was kind of a medium-blue with a hint of gunmetal gray - best looking Raptor I've ever seen, and a truly gorgeous truck.
That said, overall I prefer Ram's smooth, muscular look over the Ford's straight lines and angles. To my eye, it's like the F-series is trying soooo hard to look the toughest, they're over-the-top ugly. While Ford thumps its chest and gets all of the attention, the Ram quietly leaves the party with the best-looking girl in the place ;-)
Just my two-cents worth.

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I agree, the late-model Raptors are really great looking trucks. I saw one a few months ago that was kind of a medium-blue with a hint of gunmetal fray - best looking Raptor I've ever seen, and a truly gorgeous truck.
That said, overall I prefer Ram's smooth, muscular look over the Ford's straight lines and angles. To my eye, it's like the F-series is trying soooo hard to look the toughest, they're over-the-top ugly. While Ford thumps its chest and gets all of the attention, the Ram quietly leaves the party with the best-looking girl in the place ;-)
Just my two-cents worth.

Haha great way of putting it.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
That said, overall I prefer Ram's smooth, muscular look over the Ford's straight lines and angles.

Just my two-cents worth.
I cant argue against your opinion except that the bumped out "baja" fenders create some nice curves on the Ford body.

Awood05

Reaction score
That’s a Leadfoot Grey Raptor. Exactly like the one I had.

Most expensive piece of Poo I’ve ever owned.....

Users who are viewing this thread