5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRUXEDO PRO X15 TONNEAU COVER

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Looking to see if any is using this cover. I am drawn to it by the fabric in matte black.

Pros?

Cons?

Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mirowpl

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I had this cover for a few months on my 14 Laramie. Left it on there when i traded it because it wouldnt fit my new truck. Came from a BAK revolver x2 that was 7 years old and destroyed. I preferred the X15 for its very light weight, ease of rollup and complete removal if i wanted , low profile and great appearance. I liked the tension adjustment and how easy it is to snap closed and smoothen out. The velcro is seriously good quality and i can see it lasting for years. The cover material looked great, it rippled a bit in the freeway wind which is to be expected but never came free or loosened up. The bulkhead end fits flawlessly which is a big problem area with the X2 revolver. The new model X4 revolver didnt look any different in this regard so i stayed away from it.
Obviously i didnt get to see how it held up over time, or how it handled snow piled up on it, (something that doesnt happen much here anymore), but i liked what i saw enough to purchase another one for my new MY24.
This one will be a little different because of my Multi function tailgate, and it wont be easily removeable apparently, because of same. I ordered an extra tailgate end hold down clamp on amazon, because they only ever come with one, so we'll see how that goes. Im not sure it needs it, obviously the manufacturer didnt think so !
Should be here Wednesday and hopefully i can install soon. Ill let you know any wrinkles !

Last edited:

NightRam2020

Reaction score
I have one. I’ve used this same tonneau cover for the last few trucks I’ve owned. I like the low profile look. Only issue I’ve ever had is winter related when ice sticks to the fabric. Although it’s easily taken care of by hitting the cover upwards from the inside.

I recommend this cover to anyone and would buy it again.

Peebs1021

Reaction score
I've had mine for going on three years now and would recommend it.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
So interestingly I got a callback from local linex shop. They sell their own branded soft roll back covers . Lifetime warranty at any Linex dealer. I am trying to find to find out who makes it for them. Only issue is they don’t offer any woven or fabric styles

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
I have one on my 2023 Laramie. Like the low profile and easy adjustments to keep it tight. Would highly recommend it.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The Pro X15 features a specialized 15-degree design that provides a super low-profile contour. The premium grade woven fabric is a long-lasting and stylish design that holds up exceptionally well in the harshest of weather conditions. It's super easy to maintain and is a true matte black that matches most OEM features on trucks. The canvas is truly a very desirable, sleek look! The Pro X15 also comes with the unbeatable limited lifetime warranty and automatic tension control.

Truxedo is a member of the RealTruck family of brands. If you have any questions on fitment, availability, shipping times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Installed the Pro X15 today. Model #1485801 for the multi function tailgate short bed. The side rails are modified to go over the corner brackets. The rails i got were evidently a late revision because the bulkhead end of the rail had a modification and didnt match the supplementary instructions provided. Thought id hook up with Realtrucks expert chat technicians. Clueless as expected, and i was talking with the Truxedo expert. LOL.
So i figured it out myself. Went ok, but the positioning limitations with the oem corner bracket that exists on the beds with MF tailgate, are obvious. Id prefer to move everything closer to the bulkhead about 1/4". Only way thats happening is by replacing the oem brackets with the Right-on brackets.
The way it is now, the rubber bulkhead seal is too exposed for my liking. Im going to think about this for a while.
Other than this area, the cover fits well and matches up at the tailgate well, allowing both tailgate functions. Cover closes well with tailgate up or down. Rubber weather seal sits either top or inside, your preference, but itll keep water out better if its on top. I didnt bother with the silly stick on foam rubber pieces on the tailgate end of the rails.

Last edited:

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Thanks I ordered the pro x15 today. A neighbor has offered to help install it. I will report back on how it goes and hopsoke pictures Thanks to everyone for your input. btw I don’t have the MF tailgate so hopefully it will go easy

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
came here to say I have the Truxedo LoPro had it on my Rebel too. I was thinking about the x15 for this one but opted against the fabric after seeing it and the sales guy pointing out it attracts and traps pollen/tree shrapnel and ragweed. that was enough convincing for me accurate or not, LOL! Best of luck can't wait to see it - the cover design and look is great IMO.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
sorry, which one do you have on your 2023? thanks
PRO X15. I agree some things "Kinda" stick to the tarp surface such as Cattail seeds and other fluffy airbourne stuff. But I have the Ram in the heated garage almost all the time. Its a spoiled truck except during the firearms deer season.

beetlespin

Reaction score
I have this one on my truck and it still looks like the day I put it on over a year ago. The Matte Black finish is nice.

EXTANG TRIFECTA SIGNATURE 2.0 TONNEAU COVER​

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
came here to say I have the Truxedo LoPro had it on my Rebel too. I was thinking about the x15 for this one but opted against the fabric after seeing it and the sales guy pointing out it attracts and traps pollen/tree shrapnel and ragweed. that was enough convincing for me accurate or not, LOL! Best of luck can't wait to see it - the cover design and look is great IMO.
I guess i can see that happening. Time will tell.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I revisited my Pro X15 installation today. The rubber seals on the side rails were not laying as flat as they should be on the oem plastic rail caps at the bulkhead end, because the corner brackets were not allowing the rail to mount low enough. In this MFT installation the rails lay directly on these corner brackets. I loosened all the corner bracket bolts and whacked the bracket down as low as it would go with whatever play the bolt holes would allow. This was enough to get the rubber seals to lay flat on both sides with an assistant pushing them down while i tightened the clamps.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Truxedo PRO X15 Low profile cover. The Velcro is bomb proof. I pull the cover tight and seal the Velcro on 1 side, then I pull the other side very tight in 6" sections & 'seal' it. There is very little flutter. The latch is secure. I close the tailgate then close the cover because I want the rubber seal outside. A little water gets inside the bed but that is the fault of the of the body/tailgate design not the cover. The gap is huge.
Any pollen/dust & etc that gets into the fabric cleans off with a soft bristle car wash brush. Snow/ice easily cleans off. This is its 3rd winter & it looks the same today as it did when I purchased it. I had the previous generation which was vinyl material on my previous truck & I much prefer the cloth. Highly recommend this cover...

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I have the Truxedo PRO X15 Low profile cover. The Velcro is bomb proof. I pull the cover tight and seal the Velcro on 1 side, then I pull the other side very tight in 6" sections & 'seal' it. There is very little flutter. The latch is secure. I close the tailgate then close the cover because I want the rubber seal outside. A little water gets inside the bed but that is the fault of the of the body/tailgate design not the cover. The gap is huge.
Any pollen/dust & etc that gets into the fabric cleans off with a soft bristle car wash brush. Snow/ice easily cleans off. This is its 3rd winter & it looks the same today as it did when I purchased it. I had the previous generation which was vinyl material on my previous truck & I much prefer the cloth. Highly recommend this cover...
Great to hear the material has durability and retains original appearance after 3 winters.
Thanks Bill :)

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great to hear the material has durability and retains original appearance after 3 winters.
Thanks Bill :)
There's the gap I mentioned.
I understand that you may be able to put some bulb type door weather stripping to help.
Also a pic of the cover...
20240202_145525.jpg
20240202_145539.jpg

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
There's the gap I mentioned.
I understand that you may be able to put some bulb type door weather stripping to help.
Also a pic of the cover...

I guess i dont understand your concern with that gap Bill. Then again, ive never been of a mind that the bed can be water proof any way. If i can keep most of it out, im happy.
I dont even put the seal on top of the tailgate by closing the tonneau last. A little water gets by, but no biggie !

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont even put the seal on top of the tailgate by closing the tonneau last. A little water gets by, but no biggie !
I agree the water is not a big deal.
I put an old blanket in the bed to lay 2 or 3 fly rods on.
I don't want to disassemble the rods every time.
The blanket gets wet (not an issue for the rods) but my other equipment gets wet. (Vest, wader bag, fleece coat & etc) it's just a PITA...
I guess I could get a Tupperware tub to put that equipment in... lol

Users who are viewing this thread