5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True bumper to bumper length...

jbobby

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster, etc.

I picked out a 2019 1500 and was planning on picking it up sometime this week, but ran into an embarrassing snag. I thought our townhouse garage would work, but it looks like it may be tighter than I thought.

The truck in question is a 2019 sport crew cab bighorn/longhorn with 5'7" bed.

The sellers website lists the truck as 232.9"

My garage is 233".

Can anyone confirm the bumper to bumper length of the crew cab and 5'7" bed?

Thanks,
-

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have a standard garage and a 2020 Laramie crew cab with the 5’ 7” bed and if I do not put anything in the trailer hitch it barely fits. I end up turning on the surround cam to check the I am in.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Measure twice before you buy... I have an inch and a half clearance. It’s nerve wracking when I close the door on the CC short bed.

Attachments

• 80388955-C95B-4770-9170-5C16616656E3.jpeg
    80388955-C95B-4770-9170-5C16616656E3.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 46

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it a single or double door? I was looking at a townhouse but it only had 7' wide single door which is a nightmere to back a full size truck through. I currently have an 8' wide single door and it is fine to back through I have two inches from the mirrors on each side.

dandar

Reaction score
They don't include the license plate holder and that probably adds half an inch. Also hinges on the garage door take away about half an inch. It won't fit.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
They don't include the license plate holder and that probably adds half an inch. Also hinges on the garage door take away about half an inch. It won't fit.
With that little clearance it would not be a good idea. Any miscalculation in parking would result in some damage either front or back.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster, etc.

I picked out a 2019 1500 and was planning on picking it up sometime this week, but ran into an embarrassing snag. I thought our townhouse garage would work, but it looks like it may be tighter than I thought.

The truck in question is a 2019 sport crew cab bighorn/longhorn with 5'7" bed.

The sellers website lists the truck as 232.9"

My garage is 233".

Can anyone confirm the bumper to bumper length of the crew cab and 5'7" bed?

Thanks,
-
i ran into this exact issue... truck's too long for my garage as well. big bummer, as it should have fit "on paper"

BaseballDad

Reaction score
Can you test drive it or another one and bring it home to try it? Have had to do that for my last couple trucks to make sure they fit. I have to back mine in and have about 2-3" to spare (5'7" box).

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
i ran into this exact issue... truck's too long for my garage as well. big bummer, as it should have fit "on paper"
I’ve had this issue as well and mine was about 2 inches too long even backed all the way up to the wall with a moving blanket between my truck and the wall

jbobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gents.

I'm going to see if I can test fit a quad cab maybe this week or over the weekend. It's a bummer because the CC I wanted was a killer deal.

If the quad cab doesn't fit comfortably, then I'm not sure what the next move is... The midsized trucks seem to be 50% the truck for 70% the $$$.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gents.

I'm going to see if I can test fit a quad cab maybe this week or over the weekend. It's a bummer because the CC I wanted was a killer deal.

If the quad cab doesn't fit comfortably, then I'm not sure what the next move is... The midsized trucks seem to be 50% the truck for 70% the $$$.
Tundra crewmax might work... on paper it should be 4 inches shorter. I considered a tundra before I got my ram

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will a quad cab work for you? They are approximately 229"
Exactly what I had to do. Crew wouldn't fit. That 4" made all the difference for fitting in the garage. Nice to have the longer bed, but sucks for anyone that gets stuck in my back seat, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread