5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won’t start

JCase

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500, 3 days ago I went to start my truck using remote start, it wouldn’t start so I got in it and it still wouldn’t start. I ended up jump starting it and the service engine light was on. I immediately took it to an auto parts store to have the battery tested and it showed to be good. They ran the code on the service engine light and it said replace transmission gearshift assembly. The service engine light went off the next day and I didn’t have any problems with it starting until this morning and I had to jump it again and the service engine light is back on. When running the battery voltage reads 13.9 and when not running it reads 12.3. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500, 3 days ago I went to start my truck using remote start, it wouldn’t start so I got in it and it still wouldn’t start. I ended up jump starting it and the service engine light was on. I immediately took it to an auto parts store to have the battery tested and it showed to be good. They ran the code on the service engine light and it said replace transmission gearshift assembly. The service engine light went off the next day and I didn’t have any problems with it starting until this morning and I had to jump it again and the service engine light is back on. When running the battery voltage reads 13.9 and when not running it reads 12.3. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
when they checked the battery did they put a load on it?

river rat

Reaction score
As others have said, don't drive yourself crazy chasing the problem, just go get a new battery. While your at it, get a new one with a bit more CCA.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

JCase

Reaction score
Better question, when they tested the battery did they unhook the battery cables and test just the battery. Ive had a battery the dealer said was good test bad at a parts store when removed from vehicle.
No they didn’t

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/