5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck with air suspension not level

SacRebel

Reaction score
Recently I noticed my truck had a slight lean to it. At first I thought it was an optical illusion or an uneven surface. But today I wanted to check so I got out a 4’ level and took some readings (front and back). It does appear the truck is lower on the left side by about 1/4”. I don’t know if that’s an acceptable difference or something I should get looked at.

Here are pics I took at the different ride heights. Really only becomes noticeable in the two highest settings.

7828395a217cdf84273fc4eebb56a8a0.jpg

j517

Reaction score
check ur tire pressure unless the sensors are wrong it always shows different numbers and the dealer claims thy filled up to specks

the only bad thing is you can take it to a gas station to fill since they claim nitro in tires instead of regular air
6fc881ffd18cda28868695d2be97c63e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer can confirm specs on each corner of air ride. 4th Gen had an auto level feature and I'm not sure if the 5th Gen is the same, but the shop should be able to recalibrate if needed. It isn't uncommon for that to happen, regardless what the shop says, which will likely be "We've never seen this before.".

SacRebel

Reaction score
Tire pressure is set to manufacture specifications.

I’ll definitely ask the dealer about it when I go in for my recall notice.

j517

Reaction score
freaking dealer ship they wanted to charge me to under inflate the tires
96e4ca9187a6e8d9e640a5e938c41321.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

SacRebel

Reaction score
At the dealership now and they have a call in to Ram engineering to see how to fix this issue. Doesn’t seem like they’ve encountered this before nor how to fix it.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the dealership now and they have a call in to Ram engineering to see how to fix this issue. Doesn’t seem like they’ve encountered this before nor how to fix it.
Curious, where did you place your level to take your measurements and did dealership repeat test or confirm visually?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also try rolling the truck forward and backward after each height adjustment. You're going to get some scrub in the front suspension from cycling all the way down and all they way up.

SacRebel

Reaction score
The dealer said the left side of the truck is 1/2" lower than the right. Multiple measurements were taken.

It was escalated to "star" (whatever that is) and we're awaiting a response. I told them to call me when they have a plan and I'll take it back in for whatever repair they deem necessary.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember someone posted that one of their air shocks was set to metric Vs English

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember someone posted that one of their air shocks was set to metric Vs English

Dealer should be able to connect a Witech and confirm english/metric for EACH corner sensor and then determine if each sensor is set to the same heights. If they are, I'd suspect you have a bad sensor or two.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer said the left side of the truck is 1/2" lower than the right. Multiple measurements were taken.

It was escalated to "star" (whatever that is) and we're awaiting a response. I told them to call me when they have a plan and I'll take it back in for whatever repair they deem necessary.

Is the truck completely empty?

Users who are viewing this thread