5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Wifi to House Wifi

AzRoute66

Reaction score
My Bighorn has a wifi hotspot for my devices to connect to for this trial period after my new purchase, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the truck can also be logged into my home wifi. Admittedly I've not exhausted 'playing around' with the infotainment center yet but I was hoping that someone could tell me the truck really won't do that, or how/where in the menus I can get it done. Thanx in advance.

U

User_3336

Some trucks have "built-in" wifi that uses the embedded hotspot to connect to AT&T towers.

You can also go in to the wireless settings and connect to a near by wifi (home wifi), but you would have to be in a pretty good range of your home's wifi, like in a garage.

What specifically are you attempting to do in your efforts to connect to wifi?

AzRoute66

Reaction score
"You can also go in to the wireless settings and connect to a near by wifi (home wifi)"

That is exactly what I'm asking how to do. I was thinking it would be used for software updates, and other than that I'm unsure but I do have a couple of android wifi tablets, there is probably something useful.

milchuck

Reaction score
My Bighorn has a wifi hotspot for my devices to connect to for this trial period after my new purchase, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the truck can also be logged into my home wifi. Admittedly I've not exhausted 'playing around' with the infotainment center yet but I was hoping that someone could tell me the truck really won't do that, or how/where in the menus I can get it done. Thanx in advance.
This?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unconnect 5 has an option to use your home WiFi for updates. Unconnect 4 does not. So it depends on the year of your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread