5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck virgin | How do I make her loud?

MySQ4toHemiV8

Reaction score
Been modding leased vehicles for 20 years... never had an issue i didnt have with a financed vehicle. If a dealer wants to break your shoes over something doesn't matter if its leased or financed. I simply part out in advance of lease return and generally you recoup 1/2 of what u put out in parts. Enjoy it dont let here say dictate what you do. Hell ive done exhausts, tunes, headers, downpipes, suspension, stereo, bbk's, wheels u name it... just bring it back the way you bought it and you will be fine.
That's awesome. I really appreciate the insight & support. Thank you!

Rebel Recluse

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here, and to the pickup world!

I just got a 2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn Hemi V8. I love the truck but I don't love how quiet she is. Since it's a lease, I'm not even sure if I can make any mods (or even where to go to get them done) but I'm hoping y'all could help with that.

Looking for inexpensive, minimally invasive and a decent roar (solid percolation when idle would also be nice but realize that may be asking too much lol). Any and all guidance would be warmly welcomed 😊

- Dee
Remove the muffler. Easy cheap can reinstall if you want

McFly.

Reaction score
Borla Atak everyday.

I’ve had on 2 of my 6.4 hemi Jeeps and it barks on startup, burbles at idle and lights up tunnels with a roar... zero drone and barely audible in the cabin unless you drop the hammer. It cracks and pops on the Jeeps too, cannot yet confirm if it also does on the 5.7 Ram... yet

For what it costs it is by far my favourite for the hemi, but there many other quality options that no doubt perform similarly.

Rant over.

KonaLaury

Reaction score
I have a Carven exhaust. It just bolds on so you can do the same thing - put it on now and put the stock exhaust back on when you turn in the lease. You can hear their sound on their website.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Flowmaster outlaw muffler delete is really simple to do, and has a decent growl. This is with the resonators still in the tailpipes. If you wanted more noise after the muffler delete, you could delete the resonators too.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

MySQ4toHemiV8

Reaction score
I had the Borla S installed last week and I can't stop smiling. How these trucks come from the factory with no sound to match the superiority under the hood just perplexes me.

Now, I may be the exception (partly due to going from a sports car to a hemi pick up) but, I miss a little drone. I wouldn't have minded if it had some rumble at 1000/2000 rpms on the highway. BUT, don't get me wrong, Borla nailed it! It sounds simply delicious. She purrrs. Next, an intake, then I must take a break before I wind up dropping more money into it her than the maturity buy out $ LOL.

I couldn't have done it w/out you guys. Thank you! 🤗

Wsmith

Reaction score
I had the Borla S installed last week and I can't stop smiling. How these trucks come from the factory with no sound to match the superiority under the hood just perplexes me.

Now, I may be the exception (partly due to going from a sports car to a hemi pick up) but, I miss a little drone. I wouldn't have minded if it had some rumble at 1000/2000 rpms on the highway. BUT, don't get me wrong, Borla nailed it! It sounds simply delicious. She purrrs. Next, an intake, then I must take a break before I wind up dropping more money into it her than the maturity buy out $ LOL.

I couldn't have done it w/out you guys. Thank you! 🤗
Not giving you any guff, but I love the quiet serene sound of the stock pipes, a lot of people do, that is likely why they come from the factory that way. Even stock they give a little rumble when you get on it. I have a Harley and its going up for sale, getting sick of listening to it. Enjoy your new sound, that's why we have aftermarket.

MySQ4toHemiV8

Reaction score
Amen ... some like brunettes, others prefer blondes (just can't put them up for sale when they get mouthy LOL!).

At the end of the day we all love our Rams 😍

NYKBOB

Reaction score
I have loud Harleys, Loud Ram thanks to Borla, I like loud music and a loud TV. I'm also hard of hearing. "What's that honey? What did you say...?" 😁

MySQ4toHemiV8

Reaction score
I have loud Harleys, Loud Ram thanks to Borla, I like loud music and a loud TV. I'm also hard of hearing. "What's that honey? What did you say...?" 😁
LMAO!!!

I hate to bash my own gender but as a woman, you can't live with us and you can't live without us.

Are there RAM meet ups? Like Cars & Coffee for RAM owners?

Users who are viewing this thread