5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Undercoating

tslrock

Reaction score
Looking to see what everyone thinks about the value of undercoating and potential reviews of installers. I am located in eastern PA and rust is a thing out here. I have a quote from a Line-X dealer in Quakertown to do the spray in bedliner for 650, and for an extra 750 to do a full ValuGard undercoating.

Does anyone have experience with this process? Is there a possibility the undercoat can mess up my paint or any thing else, like say gunking up electrical connectors?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had never heard of that brand before now. They certainly make it sound good on their site.

ke5SS

Reaction score
Curious if this would void the warranty? (also in PA)

tslrock

Reaction score
Myself as well, I know they atomize one of the products inside the panels, and in a place like the door, not sure if that would have any effect on the speakers or other moving parts

Reaction score
I had a place do the Woolwax coating for me, cost $299 +tax here , my understanding is moisture can still trap under a coating and could cause issues, decided to go this route

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally would use a product like Woolwax, rubberized coatings will trap moisture, not sure I would do linex on the under body either, any place it was not applied correctly, and it peels will hold moisture.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I personally would use a product like Woolwax, rubberized coatings will trap moisture, not sure I would do linex on the under body either, any place it was not applied correctly, and it peels will hold moisture.
I don't think OP was having Linex on under-body, that's just where they were also doing rustproof.

tslrock

Reaction score
I don't think OP was having Linex on under-body, that's just where they were also doing rustproof.
You are correct, it is a different solvent based coating. The process looks legit, they need the truck for 3/4 days to do a full clean, rust inhibitor, and then the coating.

Users who are viewing this thread