5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck thinks hood is open

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
First, happy holidays to everyone.
My truck had a weird issue the other week. I went to leave work and my truck wouldn’t start. Ignition would turn on, but no crank. After a couple attempts of cycling the ignition it finally started. When it did, I had just about every warning light imaginable on. Check engine, blind spot fault, park sense fault, my fuel gauge was reading empty and there was an error regarding that but I don’t recall what it was, and I’m sure a few others. Also, when I pushed the button to shut it off, the engine shut off, but the truck would only go to the accessory position. It was Saturday, so I decided to unhook the battery and leave it in the shop for the weekend. I came back Monday morning and reconnected the battery and the truck started fine, even shut off normally. Few hours later I went to go to lunch and when I started my truck it indicated my hood was open. It did that for a few days up until I had to take it to the body shop(whole other incident). Anyone ever seen anything like this? I know people have had battery issues, but I don’t think this is that. Once I get it back from the body shop it’ll be going to the dealership, I still have an unresolved airbag light issue. Just wanted to see if anyone had any possible insights. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread