5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck stolen. Help with fair insurance settlement

91TTZ

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Unfortunately two weeks ago, saturday morning around 4am my ram was stolen. It's been tuff, I really had an attachment to that truck. Only had it for 11 months and was just a blast. One really good looking ram in my opinion.

Woke up that morning to go pick up my boat and the truck was gone. I live in a condo in davie / fort lauderdale area. Keep the boat at my parents house, they have a decent sized yard. Anyhow no broken glass. No sign of anything. I wish I would of had some better security on the truck. Of course nothing like this every happened to me or my families vehicles before. I've lived at this condo for several years without any issues. I guess I was comfortable and didn't realse how easy these Rams could be stolen in under 6-7 minutes. Nothing I can do now, just upset with the situation and myself.

They are ready to turn it over to the adjuster. I'm still waiting on police report that is the last piece I need. Should be ready by Monday. Was looking for anyone who has dealt with a total loss and working it out with the insurance company. I have Geico.

The truck is a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie. Had exactly 8,856 miles night it was stolen. It had 21k in added options. Air suspension, split tailgate, ram boxes, trailer tow group, bed utility group, night edition, laramie level II equipment group, 3.92 gears, tow mirrors, 33 gallon tank, panoramic sunroof, Wheel liners, plus more.

I'm having trouble finding similar Rams/Laramies to compare it to. Even most limited trims don't have all those upgrades.
Anyone have any ideal what I should be looking at for a fair price? I'll post some pictures and the window sticker. Truck was like brand new. Just looking for input or anyone that went through dealing with a settlement from insurance.

Screenshot_20240528_114807_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20240229_012511_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240229_013808_Gallery.jpg 20240219_182041.jpg 20230714_102933.jpg 20230713_145245.jpg 20240201_151044.jpg 20240321_155320.jpg Screenshot_20240530_031612_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is a nice looking truck for sure. Hope they find the scum buckets that stole it and hold them accountable. Good to see you have pictures and proof to help your case with the insurance company. Best of luck dealing with them.

91TTZ

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is a nice looking truck for sure. Hope they find the scum buckets that stole it and hold them accountable. Good to see you have pictures and proof to help your case with the insurance company. Best of luck dealing with them.
I appreciate it that. Yea unfortunately these thieves probably get away with it often. I have tons of photos and proof of mileage and all. Just wish I would of caught these guys in the act!

vtcats

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I really like my 2024 Limited and have added quite a bit as well including PPF. But look up IGLA for security once you get your new truck. There are many references on this forum or ram-tax.com. I had it installed for peace of mind even if so many were saying only TRX’s were stolen. I felt where you lived, parked or traveled to had as much to do with its chances of being stolen than anything else given they are so easy to steal. I’m guessing Ft Lauderdale has installers in that area but if not there is a mobile installed that comes to you, which is what I did. Good luck in this process with your insurance and let us know how it goes.

91TTZ

Reaction score
How do you know the milage down to the mile?
The ram app updated when I parked it that night with the miles and fuel remaining. Then it gave me a vehicle health report at 4:20 am, so I assume that's when it was turned on again. No updates since. I called uconnect/ram in the morning and they were going to work with police to try and track with GPS.

91TTZ

Reaction score
sorry for your loss

so you had nothing in the way of anti-theft?

were the keys in a faraday bag or box?
I live on the 3rd floor. 70 units total at my condo building. I don't think my keys were even near the front door. No I didn't have a Faraday bag. I will get one for my next vehicle. I'm coming from an 07 f150 and I guess I just didn't realize how easy it was to relay a signal to the vehicle or even just make a new key.

A quick search on YouTube showed me a few Rams being stolen from people's driveways with cameras rolling. Thieves would disconnect horn with a tool through the grille, then get the door open. Lights would flash but no sound would be audible. Then they program a new key and they are gone.

91TTZ

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I really like my 2024 Limited and have added quite a bit as well including PPF. But look up IGLA for security once you get your new truck. There are many references on this forum or ram-tax.com. I had it installed for peace of mind even if so many were saying only TRX’s were stolen. I felt where you lived, parked or traveled to had as much to do with its chances of being stolen than anything else given they are so easy to steal. I’m guessing Ft Lauderdale has installers in that area but if not there is a mobile installed that comes to you, which is what I did. Good luck in this process with your insurance and let us know how it goes.
Yes I'm sure there are plenty of installers down here. I came across the igla the other day. I believe it makes you input a pin on the steering wheel for the vehicle to start. That is a great thing to have. I had ppf on the front clip.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Unfortunately two weeks ago, saturday morning around 4am my ram was stolen. It's been tuff, I really had an attachment to that truck. Only had it for 11 months and was just a blast. One really good looking ram in my opinion.

Woke up that morning to go pick up my boat and the truck was gone. I live in a condo in davie / fort lauderdale area. Keep the boat at my parents house, they have a decent sized yard. Anyhow no broken glass. No sign of anything. I wish I would of had some better security on the truck. Of course nothing like this every happened to me or my families vehicles before. I've lived at this condo for several years without any issues. I guess I was comfortable and didn't realse how easy these Rams could be stolen in under 6-7 minutes. Nothing I can do now, just upset with the situation and myself.

They are ready to turn it over to the adjuster. I'm still waiting on police report that is the last piece I need. Should be ready by Monday. Was looking for anyone who has dealt with a total loss and working it out with the insurance company. I have Geico.

The truck is a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie. Had exactly 8,856 miles night it was stolen. It had 21k in added options. Air suspension, split tailgate, ram boxes, trailer tow group, bed utility group, night edition, laramie level II equipment group, 3.92 gears, tow mirrors, 33 gallon tank, panoramic sunroof, Wheel liners, plus more.

I'm having trouble finding similar Rams/Laramies to compare it to. Even most limited trims don't have all those upgrades.
Anyone have any ideal what I should be looking at for a fair price? I'll post some pictures and the window sticker. Truck was like brand new. Just looking for input or anyone that went through dealing with a settlement from insurance.

View attachment 184442 View attachment 184444 View attachment 184445 View attachment 184446 View attachment 184447 View attachment 184448 View attachment 184449 View attachment 184451 View attachment 184452
Get yourself a Ghost II immobilizer on the next one, the scumbags won’t be able to start it and drive away without a code and they can’t bypass it. Hope they catch them

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Get yourself a Ghost II immobilizer on the next one, the scumbags won’t be able to start it and drive away without a code and they can’t bypass it. Hope they catch them
There’s also hijack mode this ghost II system has which you can enable, it basically works like this… once you’ve entered your code and started your vehicle and are driving around, let’s say you come to a stop at a light and someone forces you outta your vehicle, the moment the drivers door opens and closes, is the moment when the system requires the code to be entered within a block or two of driving. At this point, being the thief has no idea, the trucks engine shuts down on the next application of the brakes. Attempting to start the vehicle after shutdown is unsuccessful unless the code is entered. Basically start walking in the direction of your hijacked vehicle and you will find it shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread