5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck sounds like Chewbacca

Joeyt012

Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with your truck making a very loud Chewbacca noise when in reverse? I can replicate it in both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. Truck only has 25,000 miles on it, hoping it can be covered by warranty.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Either you left Chewy in the bed again, or you may have some rear brake moan. There’s a kit to deal with that if that ends up being the case.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Has anyone had to deal with your truck making a very loud Chewbacca noise when in reverse? I can replicate it in both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. Truck only has 25,000 miles on it, hoping it can be covered by warranty.
I had that, accompanied by a bunch of lights and activity on the dash. I shut off the auto-braking and it went away. My driveway is sloped such that about half the time when I back out and turn, the truck thinks I'm going to crash into the pavement.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just started getting this noise about 2 weeks ago the 1st time I use the truck in the morning when backing up. I figured something with the cold/snow/salt that was causing it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this compatible with the '21 models or is there something else because it is still an issue.

mwalkuski

Reaction score
Yes we have that same issue as well. I figured it was cheap factory brake pads or a poor grease job. Planed on waiting until the brakes need replaced as it's only an issue when backing up and cold

Users who are viewing this thread