5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck sits uneven..

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
So, I was getting ready to install the Revel links on my air suspension last night and walked around the truck to measure the wheel fender heights. The same PSI is applied to the tires. The front right is 1/2 inch lower vs the left. In the rear the opposite is true- the left is 3/4 lower than the right. No idea what to do with this. I was going to start out raising the front about 1.5 inches to test the ride quality. Should I raise the front right more to compensate for the uneven baseline???

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I was getting ready to install the Revel links on my air suspension last night and walked around the truck to measure the wheel fender heights. The same PSI is applied to the tires. The front right is 1/2 inch lower vs the left. In the rear the opposite is true- the left is 3/4 lower than the right. No idea what to do with this. I was going to start out raising the front about 1.5 inches to test the ride quality. Should I raise the front right more to compensate for the uneven baseline???

Normally, I'd say you need a trip to the dealer as they have the ability to make smaller sir suspension adjustments to the computer to correct things like side-to-side level. But since your truck seems to have a warped frame (less likely) or misaligned body (more likely) that may not do much good. Sounds like you need a visit to the body shop for them to correct it before you do any other modifications.

I'd double check your measurements in another location first. You should remember the t-bone accident if you truly have opposite corners low. If it still comes out warped, then measure from a corner frame location to the ground. That will tell you where the misalignment is.

Once the dealer has your truck factory level F/R & S/S then go to town with the custom links.

chad202

Reaction score
I don't have air ride but my passenger rear was on average 5/8" higher the driver rear. This is measuring on at least 6 different surfaces. I would go to places I thought was flat. Even brought level with me. I have it pretty close now. Bought 2" rear drop springs and kept cutting some off the passenger side to get it even.

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I will recheck the body measurement on a different surface. Guessing it will be the same. Don't know if I'm ready for another Ram struggle after finally getting rid of that awful front creaking noise and break pedal clicking. Maybe I will take a breather, then bring it back in. Misaligned body sounds intimidating to address. No T bone accidents yet!

chad202

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I will recheck the body measurement on a different surface. Guessing it will be the same. Don't know if I'm ready for another Ram struggle after finally getting rid of that awful front creaking noise and break pedal clicking. Maybe I will take a breather, then bring it back in. Misaligned body sounds intimidating to address. No T bone accidents yet!
Every full size truck and SUV I've owned leaned to the drivers side.

R

Rob5589

Some vehicles run a touch taller on the driver side since there is always someone in that position. Not sure how the air ride is configured. Plus it is difficult to make the suspension exactly the same at every corner. That said, find a good spot on the frame to measure, it will be more accurate than body panels.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Every vehicle I've every owned has leaned more on the driver's side. That is why when I was auto-crossing, it was a big thing to get coil overs so we could level our cars on all the corners with the weight of the driver and fuel in place.

If a Mazda Miata will lean more on the driver's side due to there being more weight there, I suspect a RAM would not be immune to that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread