5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck shut off at stop light (not Auto Start Stop)

HRNTTWK

Reaction score
Greetings all. I have a 2020 1500 Laramie Longhorn. When my wife was driving the truck recently, while I was out of town, she had a problem at a stop light. She tells me that when she stopped, the truck shut off, placed itself in park and locked the E-brake. She was able to get it started and took her a second to unlock the E-brake. I'm still out of the country and was curious if this has happened to anyone else? She has only driven it once since then and all was good. Truck has less than 5000 miles on it. Thanks in advance everyone.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Greetings all. I have a 2020 1500 Laramie Longhorn. When my wife was driving the truck recently, while I was out of town, she had a problem at a stop light. She tells me that when she stopped, the truck shut off, placed itself in park and locked the E-brake. She was able to get it started and took her a second to unlock the E-brake. I'm still out of the country and was curious if this has happened to anyone else? She has only driven it once since then and all was good. Truck has less than 5000 miles on it. Thanks in advance everyone.

I’m sorry to hear this. Probably a hectic experience for your wife.

Is there any possibility she accidentally shifted out of drive instead of changing the radio? Don’t mean anything negative but we hear about this a lot. Otherwise, sounds frustrating.

HRNTTWK

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear this. Probably a hectic experience for your wife.

Is there any possibility she accidentally shifted out of drive instead of changing the radio? Don’t mean anything negative but we hear about this a lot. Otherwise, sounds frustrating.
Unfortunately, no she didn't. Asked her several questions about it: Did you open the door?, Did you turn the shift nob instead of radio?........ She said it only did it the one time. But then again, she has only driven it twice since I've been gone. I'll be back in a couple weeks. Will keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread