5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck random lights, dings, beeps

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Long story short I had to take my truck to get the front end repaired after being backed into. Collision center gives it back to me and the first night I have it, the passenger headlight gets condensation in it. I also started getting an error message for Auto/Start Disabled. It happens randomly no matter what speed, bump, turn, or braking I may be doing.

Two nights ago I was turning left and accelerating when the Auto/Start Stop faire dinged at me, then my hazards started flashing and the airbag light and an airbag failure message came on.

Today I'm stopped at a light, no auto start stop occurred (no error message; I assume the truck is still warming) and the light turns green. I press the accelerator and literally nothing happens. I press it 2-3 more times in short succession and depressing the brake pedal once or twice, shift into park, back into drive, press accelerator and nothing. So I wait a couple seconds, traffic hasn't honked (which was amazing) and press accelerator and it drives like normal.

My brain struggled to process what the H just happened. At this point, I don't trust the truck to get me from point A to B on a road trip or just down the street.

I know other members have experienced weirdness, but there's never a resolution or outcome given. What have you guys done to remedy these weird electrical grimlins? I had it last year when my battery was dying, but I had it tested by the auto parts store and they said it was good.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Driving around this morning I noticed this actually says Autopark Disabled prior to the auto start stop message.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I haven't figured this out yet. I read on the Jeep forums that many times people bend a pin at the connector when they put their doors back on so I checked the connectors related to the front of the truck and didn't see anything bent. I focused on the front because I had repair work completed before all of this started.

Does anyone have a program that can log when error messages pop up? I checked torque OBDII and alpha OBD but didn't see any setting that will work.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I figured this out about a week ago but wanted to be sure before posting. I crawled under the truck and pushed not only the connectors (all tight) but also the wires attached to the connectors. Somewhere, I must have made a positive connection because I haven't had an issue since.

There's one connector under the driver front bumper area. Above that, there's a smaller connection that I don't know what it goes to but I checked it too. Lastly, I checked the harness and wires under my seat to see if those had somehow been pulled loose or a wire on the connector loose. Happy hunting to those who end up with the same symptoms.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the areas? I have no issues but I’ll go ahead and press connectors tight just to be sure

Users who are viewing this thread