5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Power at Fast Start

Fordication

Reaction score
Ok, when I turn of the anti-slip and the etourque and try spin the wheels the truck starts off like tons of power then just drops power like anti slip is on. Is there something I can do to stop this. My 2019 did not do this.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you hold down anti slip until electronic stability control also turned off?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, when I turn of the anti-slip and the etourque and try spin the wheels the truck starts off like tons of power then just drops power like anti slip is on. Is there something I can do to stop this. My 2019 did not do this.
Pushing the button doesn't fully disable

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about.

Push down ESC toggle to partially disable ESC - TC is turned off along with power reduction. OR hold ESC toggle down for 4 or 5 seconds - TC is turned off along with power reduction and some other safety related stuff.

Petal to the floor and let the Big Dog eat.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about.

Push down ESC toggle to partially disable ESC - TC is turned off along with power reduction. OR hold ESC toggle down for 4 or 5 seconds - TC is turned off along with power reduction and some other safety related stuff.

Petal to the floor and let the Big Dog eat.
Please provide a video, because mine doesn't do that.

Only way to turn off TC is with my tuner, which I would rather not do as I like TC during snow storms with a4wd.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please provide a video, because mine doesn't do that.

Only way to turn off TC is with my tuner, which I would rather not do as I like TC during snow storms with a4wd.
You can turn TC off by going partial or full off on ESC toggle. Truck pick with squiggly lines behind it toggle switch. Look in your manual on how to do it, or go to 4WD OFF ROAD where I talk about it along with drivetrains, axles etc.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only way to fully disable the traction nanny in 2wd is with a Tazer DT or pull fuse F26

Users who are viewing this thread