5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Newb has Longhorn on order

DharmaDog

Reaction score
Hi All,

This will be my first truck. Just sold my 2013 Audi allroad to make room for it. Loved that car, never had a single problem with it. But starting to need a truck for a few reasons: my wife & I have 3 kids and a large dog, and I have a track day car that at some point in the near future will not be easy to drive to track days out of town, so I'll need to tow it. But since the truck is replacing my Audi, I also wanted it to be very comfortable and luxurious. And I chose the Ram 1500 primarily because of the interior space and fit/finish, plus ride quality.

I'm not new to FCA products though, having previously owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic that I also loved. That thing was a billy goat. I doubt I'll put this truck through the off-road experiences I had in the Jeep. I mean I know I won't. The Longhorn will not be doing river crossings. And my first car was a 1974 baby blue Dodge Coronet with a 318. Haven't owned a V8 since my 1994 Mustang GT. Not looking forward to the nearly criminally bad gas mileage I expect, but it is what is. Gotta take the bad with the good.

I placed an order for the truck on 1/11/19, and the truck is in F build status as of 2/5/19.

Looking forward to my first road trip in the truck.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new order, by chance do you have any photos of that AllRoad ?

DharmaDog

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new order, by chance do you have any photos of that AllRoad ?

Moonlight Blue with Chestnut Brown/Black interior and natural ash wood accents. Panoramic roof, and B&O stereo. Was amazing in the snow!

Attachments

• Audi 5.jpg
    Audi 5.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

Nate4x4

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the RAM-ily! Thanks for joining the community!

Users who are viewing this thread