5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck is jerking/jumping when going slowly - 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Laramie (no etorque)

tjbarney

Reaction score
We bought the truck with less than 7k miles. Now a few months later and we have just under 10k miles on it. We just started noticing this issue and we’ve been traveling pulling our 6k lb travel trailer from OK to FL.

This generally happens when going very slowly, like in a parking lot or coming up to a slow stop. The truck starts really jerking/jumping. It almost feels as if you got rear ended. I have a video showing this but don’t see a way to add on here.
EDIT: I was able to upload to youtube and insterted the link to show the video.

Last edited:

BGL

Reaction score
Look at your gears, its possible its jumping into 2nd gear just as you let up at slow speed and are about to brake.

tjbarney

Reaction score
Look at your gears, its possible its jumping into 2nd gear just as you let up at slow speed and are about to brake.

My husband was holding his foot steady at that speed, and generally when it happens. If that is what is happening, anything to be done to fix it?

tjbarney

Reaction score
I have also now checked by putting the gear limit to 8 and it still does it. It also doesn't show it trying to go from 1st to 2nd, but just staying in 1st.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your symptoms almost sounds like it's locked in 4 wheel drive? Is it worse when you turn at slow speed? Or same?

tjbarney

Reaction score
Your symptoms almost sounds like it's locked in 4 wheel drive? Is it worse when you turn at slow speed? Or same?
It's in 2wd, and nothing changes when turning, generally going straight.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
How does it idle? Thinking maybe bad fuel or something. Does rpm change when it jerks?

tjbarney

Reaction score
How does it idle? Thinking maybe bad fuel or something. Does rpm change when it jerks?
The rpm’s go up a bit when it does it. See video. I wondered myself if it could have anything to do with fuel, but we’ve been running mid grade since pulling. I actually filled it with 92 when it started (half tank) just in case.

JOzzz

Reaction score
I’ve noticed the same sometimes. I’ve ran multiple tanks of fuel from top tier stations with high octane and Lucas oil fuel treatment to no avail. Wonder if it’s a bad coil or something. Idk, I never got a DTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread