5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck intermittently won't start. 2013 Ram 1500

konarktriv7

Reaction score
Lights, and stuff come on but won't turn. Took it in and they said the starter was toast. Okay, replaced it. Week later getting gas, about to leave truck won't start again. Pissed about to call for a tow and try it one last time and it starts. I've been googling and I'm assuming it's the ignition switch. Doesn't look difficult to replace but I have to reprogram it at a dealership and hope that won't be costly.
Has anyone else had this issue? What worked for you? My battery and starter are both fine.
Thanks for any advice. This truck is new to me and I used a large sum of money I had saved to get it. I just want the damn thing to start reliably.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Lights, and stuff come on but won't turn. Took it in and they said the starter was toast. Okay, replaced it. Week later getting gas, about to leave truck won't start again. Pissed about to call for a tow and try it one last time and it starts. I've been googling and I'm assuming it's the ignition switch. Doesn't look difficult to replace but I have to reprogram it at a dealership and hope that won't be costly.
Has anyone else had this issue? What worked for you? My battery and starter are both fine.
Thanks for any advice. This truck is new to me and I used a large sum of money I had saved to get it. I just want the damn thing to start reliably.
Why are you posting on a 5th gen forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online