5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Height

SolarSD

Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2019 Rebel 4x4. Love this truck so far. But I was curious if anyone knows the real height of the truck to the top of the shark fin? I realize it will vary sightly, but everything I see from RAM gives a range. I dont typically park in garages but do every now and then. At this point Im assuming if I have a 7-0 height clearance I am good, but think I might make it into a 6-8 height garage. Just curious if anyone has beaten this to death already?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2019 Rebel 4x4. Love this truck so far. But I was curious if anyone knows the real height of the truck to the top of the shark fin? I realize it will vary sightly, but everything I see from RAM gives a range. I dont typically park in garages but do every now and then. At this point Im assuming if I have a 7-0 height clearance I am good, but think I might make it into a 6-8 height garage. Just curious if anyone has beaten this to death already?
You’ll find this reported sporadically in earlier threads. I definitely lower the air suspension to Entry/Exit before rolling into some of the local parking garages.

clazer

Reaction score
I’m trying to determine the same thing. My air ride rebel goes in and out of the parking garage labeled 6’11” just fine in normal mode. If I pop the sun roof open, there is about 6” of room before hitting the beam, but that doesn’t count the shark fin. Worst possible location for the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep meaning to take a tape measure with me in the truck; next time i'm in a known good garage, I'm going to take measure of the height with all suspension modes... hope someone else beats me to it though, I don't park indoors often

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
I have to clear a steel fire wall garage door frame that is 83 inches of clearance. So I measured gap and its about 5.5 inches from door frame to antenna shark fin. Putting the truck+ fin at about 76.5 - give or take . Normal air ride setting. No lift. Stock tires at normal pressure. Me not sitting in it. Empty bed

clazer

Reaction score
I have to clear a steel fire wall garage door frame that is 83 inches of clearance. So I measured gap and its about 5.5 inches from door frame to antenna shark fin. Putting the truck+ fin at about 76.5 - give or take . Normal air ride setting. No lift. Stock tires at normal pressure. Me not sitting in it. Empty bed

Really appreciate this. Sounds like you have room for a level(+2”) and 37’s(+2”), but it’ll be tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread