5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck goes into ACC mode instead of completely shutting off

daustin

Reaction score
About 40% of the time, when going to turn my truck off, I move the selector to Park then hit the button to shut it off, but it goes into ACC mode instead of shutting off. The engine shuts off, but truck remains in ACC mode. I then either have to start it, if my foot is on the brake, or put it in Run mode (hit the button with foot off the brake), then hit the button again to get it to OFF. Initially I thought that maybe I was forgetting to put it into Park before hitting the button, but when that happens, you can hear the selector being automatically moved into Park and get the warning in the cluster screen, so that is not the case.

I found an old thread on here that referenced the same thing, but it had no answers or resolutions. I wonder if I move the selector to Park and hit the button so fast and close together, it is possibly thinking the truck is still in gear when it is in park. I will have to pay more attention to that.

Anyone have any further info on this? As of now, it's not worth going to the dealer for them to tell me they can't duplicate the problem. To me, it is a minor annoyance rather than something that I want to waste a lot of time on, unless it gets worse.

2021 Laramie Ecodiesel 4x4, 12" Screen, 6200 miles.

Thanks.

CatServant

Reaction score
I’ve had that happen a few times, but I always chalked it up to inadvertently bouncing the switch when turning off the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread