5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Died & Wouldn't Start

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Open the hood, open the fuse box beside the battery. Firmly press every single module, fuse and relay in there hard and make sure they are fully seated. My AC Clutch? , what it was labeled was loose and I was seeing a 2.5 amp drain with the truck off. Several others were also loose.
Thanks for the tip...I haven't had any problems but after reading your post I went out and checked mine. Just about every relay moved/clicked in, and a few fuses did as well.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...I haven't had any problems but after reading your post I went out and checked mine. Just about every relay moved/clicked in, and a few fuses did as well.

I'm gonna cut a block of memory foam, stick it in the lid and cram it in the box to make sure none of them can wriggle out.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Open the hood, open the fuse box beside the battery. Firmly press every single module, fuse and relay in there hard and make sure they are fully seated. My AC Clutch? , what it was labeled was loose and I was seeing a 2.5 amp drain with the truck off. Several others were also loose.

Thanks for that advice. I will check that in a little while.

hunter1234

Reaction score
For about two weeks I would notice the battery suspiciously low and suddenly jump back up to it's normal level throughout driving. Over the weekend I had it sit for 48 hours and when I went to start Sunday, it wouldn't start at all. Figuring it had something to do with the battery, I put a charger on it and it finally cranked.

Monday I took it in to get looked at and it initially stumped the dealer. They deduced today that the alternator is bad and needing to be replaced. I've got 2100 miles on it and unfortunately the alternator is not readily available.

Not disappointed in the truck, but am a bit disappointed in FCA not allowing a loaner vehicle to my dealer. I called a much larger dealer here in Phoenix and they would give me one, albeit they're also 1.5 hours away with traffic. A bit disconcerting regarding no loaners.
I would agree with a lot of the posts, find a different dealer. I am loyal to my dealer and buy a lot of vehicles through them for one reason, we treat each other well. They provide me with test vehicles overnight to see what I like and don't like about the vehicle before buying. When in for a repair overnight they always have a vehicle ready and what really made them stand out is that I had a crankshaft wheel break (piece of the magnetic ring broke off the wheel and the crank sensor killed the engine). Had it towed in and arrived 30 minutes before the dealer closed (service dept. was closed already). They did not know what the problem was until a diagnostic could be done and they had no loaners as they were closing so they went out and let me drive a brand new rebel, had it for a week. This type of service keeps me loyal to the dealer and I have bought my trucks and the wife's cars from them (I usually turn my vehicles every 3-4 years). Each dealer is different and mine is rather large so that may have aided me. My dealer is 80 miles from me - price of living in the country I guess :cool: .

Users who are viewing this thread