5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Died on Freeway

Bigzack

Reaction score
Last Saturday was driving my 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 E-Torque Big Horn left lane 65 about 8 PM, suddenly just died all dark I was able to play frogger and get to the shoulder and stop, the center displayed "Place Vehicle in
Park To Start, I noticed the start switch was in ACC, I Put in park it started right away, got back on the Freeway again after a minute it died, 7 times this scenario played until I got to a parking lot to call a Tow, now really odd once it
was on the Flatbed i tried to turn off power no luck it wouldn't shut off, kept pushing the button it would only switch from ACC to Run never Off. Tow Driver was like turn off headlights I couldn't he wanted me to disconnect battery
I didn't want to lose any codes round and round finally he agreed and towed it the dealer, now it's the waiting game

raygun9

Reaction score
Sorry, that sux. Curious what happened.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yet another etorque issue
but posters here claim there is no issue with the etorque

You know it was an etorque issue how?
Additionally, no one has ever said there were no issues with etorque, the comment was that there's no wide spread issue, but again, you know this was etorque related how?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
because they said they have a etorque!!!

Also has a HEMI, 4 wheels and 4 tires, a battery and an ignition switch but how do you know etorque caused his issue?
Seems like it may be the ignition switch to me

stronbl

Reaction score
I had a similar issue a several years ago with a Jeep. Turns out it was the voltage regulator. Got too hot and it shut down ... everything died. It would cool off and then run fine for about 20 - 30 min and then shut off again. The Jeep didn't have all the modern electronics just a key to turn it on / off. Not saying this is your issue, but might be worth ruling it out anyway. Good luck. I know it is a helpless and frustrating feeling.

Bigzack

Reaction score
Got the truck back today it turned out to be the ignition kin module. We’ll see how turns out

Users who are viewing this thread