5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck didn’t start then check engine light

Medgas24

Reaction score
My buddy has a 2019 limited and he tried to start it and nothing happened. Tried to jump start it and it made loud popping noise like a back fire under the hood and now has a check engine light on. Has that happened to anyone else?

Medgas24

Reaction score
Does it start now and the CEL is on ?
Yeah he got it but he just explained that all the lights running board and battery powered features were working before he jumped it could he have jacked it up jumping it ?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah he got it but he just explained that all the lights running board and battery powered features were working before he jumped it could he have jacked it up jumping it ?
Well, My truck is dead because of a jump start... "wrong jump start" killed the eTorque 48v battery pack...
So i wouldn't be surprised if he killed something else while jumping it. :oops:

Medgas24

Reaction score
Well, My truck is dead because of a jump start... "wrong jump start" killed the eTorque 48v battery pack...
He hasn’t tried to turn it back on since then I was wrong

Medgas24

Reaction score
And what do you mean by wrong jump start

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
And what do you mean by wrong jump start
Just a normal jump-start... Dealer said i did something wrong. I jump-start cars at least once a week and never had any problems, but of course, i did something wrong.

Medgas24

Reaction score
Just their way to void warranty l
Just a normal jump-start... Dealer said i did something wrong. I jump-start cars at least once a week and never had any problems, but of course, i did something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread