5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truck bed storage options

tabber02

Reaction score
I’m getting ready for fishing season myself.
Off topic question. I know enough to get me in trouble with fishing. I had a big bass break some mono line last year, so I switched All reals and rigs to braided line. Thoughts?
i use a lot of braid in florida because of the grass, timber, docks, pads, etc... but it's tannic water (stained). big fan of braid, but if the water is clear, i try to use a leader or copolymer or fluorocarbon. i only use mono on my topwater setup.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thumbnail.jpg
I transferred the bed box over from my F-250 and lifted it about 4 inches off the bed so I could still haul 8-foot sheets and lumber. 12-foot sheets, mulch and gravel still get hauled in F-250. My "fetching stick" shown on the right bed side is an old boat hook that no longer telescopes.

UnclJim

Reaction score
If you want to get fancy, look for something like this:

View attachment 151130

just ordered mine it works with the MOPAR bed rail system too.
If you want to get fancy, look for something like this:

View attachment 151130

I just purchased from them. Great customer service!!!!

Matrixband

Reaction score
I like the bed cargo divider provided with the bed utility group package. It’s easy to remove, but locks in place. I have a small 10 liter Jerry gas can with metal holder, and I’m not sure how to secure it, or anything else to this divider For now, Im using Velcro straps as it’s not very heavy, but looking for other solutions. As an aside, I’m frustrated that when they installed my retrax cover, they removed the tie downs from the rail. I was able to replace the rear ones, but cannot get access to the forward area without disassembly of the bed cover.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I currently use a ratcheting cargo bar to keep some items close to the tailgate. I've got a DeeZee Storage Chest where I keep work stuff (boots, hard hat, auto-level, etc). The storage box does slide a bit even with a Husky bed mat.

I've also got a trunk commander from Duluth Trading that has tools and travel essentials (jumper cables, emergency travel kit, etc) that I can easily transfer to other vehicles if we're taking a trip. While on the small side, this bag is solid and I've got it loaded to the hilt (mainly tools) so it's fairly heavy.

About 6 months after I was using this setup, I had to stop suddenly, the Duluth bag slid and bent the cargo bar. I've been toying with the Mopar bed divider since my BUG didn't include it. It's currently on sale for $246.75. I also just saw this bed divider that's a little bit more. Both should be stronger than the cargo bar. I'll probably procrastinate too long, miss the sale, and not get either lol.

Matrixband

Reaction score
I have the Ram boxes, which are very useful for smaller things. It takes up space in the bed, but the Ram divider is great, seems strnot, but not sure how to connect anything to it. Many be ratcheting straps or the like. Also, not sure how to connect to the bed-frame as there only two hooks in the rear area.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the Ram boxes, which are very useful for smaller things. It takes up space in the bed, but the Ram divider is great, seems strnot, but not sure how to connect anything to it. Many be ratcheting straps or the like. Also, not sure how to connect to the bed-frame as there only two hooks in the rear area.
Do you mean to use it as a bed extender or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread