5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck bed is not aligned with the cab

Extole

Reaction score
Hi

I will post pictures once sun comes out but to get to the point, I noticed my cab and bed are not aligned when you are looking from behind the truck. the cab sticks out more on the driver side than the passenger side. Has anyone else noticed this on their trucks? How do I fix this?

thanks

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two easiest ways I know of is:

1. Close one eye when looking at the truck from the back, or
2. Don't look at the truck from the back.

I joke, of course, but the only reasonable thing you can do if you think this is the case is take it back to the dealer. Personally, unless it was something obscene, I can't possibly imagine trying to have the dealer mess with loosening the cab and/or bed mounts to frame and realigning them. Few dealers are going to have that kind of expertise.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Dealer would probably send it to their body shop of something like that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LordoftheRams

Reaction score
I’ve heard of many dealers fixing this under warranty if it’s out of spec. That’s likely the best bet. If you are handy with a wrench it’s a simple fix. Btw, it’s not likely the bed, it’s the cab that needs adjusting. I did it myself.

Aligned my cab to the frame using this procedure. Mine is a 2019 Limited and the mounting points are slightly different but the procedure was identical. Mine was only off by 3/4 an inch but enough to drive me nuts. Cab slid right over. Those bolts are tight. Took about 80ftbs to break them loose.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2014 was way off when I bought it, the dealer fixed before I signed any paperwork. The bed is narrower then the cab but if you can tell a difference from side to side then it needs to be aligned. This was a big issue on the 4th gens, have not heard to many cases with the 5th gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online