5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Bed difference

martyhustle

Reaction score
Gave it a search, but didn’t find anything. Found a great deal on a LEER topper. According to the chart it‘s not the right one for my truck, seems so close though. Just wondering if anyone had taken the chance with something like this.

My truck: 2021 1500 5’7” (non ram box) bed - Need a LEER 64DR19

Topper on a 2015 1500 5’7” (non ram box) bed - Has a LEER 64DR09

Roll the dice? Thanks!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just take your truck, and try setting it on. I haven't looked at it for a Ram, but I had to do this for a Chevy once. Some had big differences. and some had just a different trim at the bottom, so it looked different, but would still fit.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that the 4th beds are tapered: the distance between the inside rails near the tailgate is shorter than the distance at the cab. That’s not the case on the 5th Gens, so maybe that would be an issue?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 5th gen has higher bed rails than the 4th gen so the topper will 'fit' but will likely be about 1" taller than the truck cab.

Users who are viewing this thread