5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck bed bracket?

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This is a great question about the BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover. As of right now, there isn't an application that is a fit with the multifunction tailgate. However, there is the TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover which does include an application compatible with the MFTG.

If you have any questions on fitment, availability, ship times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

jesus505

Reaction score
I just purchased the Right On brackets for my 2020 1500 Limited. Brackets didn’t malign very well and when I got them on the cover wouldn’t install correctly. I have the backflip cover. Bummer because I had it installed without the brackets. Truck working just fine but I got spooked by not having any brackets. But I’ve never had issues driving without them…

Jmac509

Reaction score
When you installed the brackets did you finger tight all of the bolts before tightening them down? As you tighten the bolts it will pull the bracket. There is a tolerance on the bracket and on the bed. I wouldn't expect every bed to be identical. I believe the concern is without the brackets if you open the MFT tail gate then hang off of it or use the tailgate as a handle while its open to pull yourself into the bed you could put stress on the bed that would not be seen with a traditional tailgate.

I'm not familiar with the backflip specifically but you might search through the threads regarding people installing covers with the MFT tailgate.

It's possible someone has already posted on what you have to do to modify the cover to work with the brackets. There is a large 50 page thread about covers compatible with the MFT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online