5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck alterations

Bink

Reaction score
For those of you who ordered from truck alterations what has your experience been? I’ve had other accessory companies tell me they aren’t authorized and that they have little to no customer service. They are incredibly cheaper than really any other website out there, so I’m confused/torn whether I should order from them or not?

GRB60

Reaction score
I just bought my Bedrug from them. Shipped right away. All is good. No experience dealing with them directly as it went smoothly.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have not heard one bad thing about Luke at Truck Alterations on this forum from what I can recall. I have not purchased my replacement tonneau cover but I was in contact with Luke via email. He was very informative on my choices. I had to explain to one of the "other accessory companies" what the cover of the Extang Excess cover was made of to the point I was reading the web site back to the sales operator. On the plus side he was appreciative of the info.
MY experience with Luke via email has been very good.
This is the tonneau cover compilation. There is a lot to read but I do not believe any bad info on Truck Alterations.

Bink

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sorry to post about a topic already discussed, was just looking for some immediate feedback as I would like to get a cover ordered this evening or tomorrow morning.

Jako

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sorry to post about a topic already discussed, was just looking for some immediate feedback as I would like to get a cover ordered this evening or tomorrow morning.
5 messages shows you are new. Happy to give direction when I can. The search function doesn't seem to work for me so well and others.
Wish you the best of luck. I find the information, options, prices and choices overwhelming.

Bink

Reaction score
I agree to everything you said. I have tried searching but the results are not very accurate and require a lot of time to look through to find what you want. I am completely overwhelmed with what cover to get and where to get it from. My first truck and I’m loving the experience, but I didn’t realize how many accessories I need :/

Hallbag

Reaction score
Email Luke and tell him you are from the forum. They are by far the cheapest when it comes to Tonneau covers, etc. He’s really helpful and will answer any of your questions.

Bink

Reaction score
Will manufacturers warranty be voided if they are not an authorized retailer? I was told they are not authorized.

Hallbag

Reaction score
Honestly ask him, he seems like a pretty straight up guy. I can try calling Undercover and see what they say, but I figure the $200+ I saved will outweigh the potential need for the warranty given what probability you put on that.

Jako

Reaction score
I agree to everything you said. I have tried searching but the results are not very accurate and require a lot of time to look through to find what you want. I am completely overwhelmed with what cover to get and where to get it from. My first truck and I’m loving the experience, but I didn’t realize how many accessories I need :/
If you can, take your time purchasing. Try to figure your needs and price point. I reviewed all the threads on the forum and looked on the company web sites. I was laid up from hernia surgery so I needed to do something to keep my self occupied. If security is not an issue your price point is low. Some covers can hurt the wallet.
I never regretted buying a good tool, sometimes it is expensive, but always enjoyed using them.

Be careful with this forum. You can get caught up in mods.

KJ13

Reaction score
I purchased from Luke and received the product faster than expected. Unfortunately during delivery the Undercover tonneau had mild damage. I contacted Undercover, shared where I purchased it, and they replaced the parts with no questions asked. I also just received my $100 rebate from Undercover with them knowing I purchased from Luke at TA. Your sources are biased.

Bink

Reaction score
That’s great advice Jako, much appreciated. My wife and I are both teachers with 3 little ones all under 5...and with all this shutdown we are both trying to teach and manage our kids. Don’t have a ton of free Rome...biggest go get for me is a cover with a tight seal and figuring out how to seal the rest of the box wherever there are openings so water/dust can’t get in.

Jako

Reaction score
That’s great advice Jako, much appreciated. My wife and I are both teachers with 3 little ones all under 5...and with all this shutdown we are both trying to teach and manage our kids. Don’t have a ton of free Rome...biggest go get for me is a cover with a tight seal and figuring out how to seal the rest of the box wherever there are openings so water/dust can’t get in.
Taught math in the high school I graduated from for 1 year but continued to coach track for an additional 3. Had a great time unfortunately it was a parochial Christian Brothers school and I didn't want to take a vow of poverty (1977-78 I made $8,500 - took home I think $125/wk, had medical coverage).

In January 2001 bought my Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab. Sons were 9, 7 and 2 at the time. Enjoy the truck and kids. It goes faster than you think. Three under five - God Bless.
My mom was from a family of 12 and dad from a family of 6. But there was no TV back then or I guess too much else.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Bought tonneau cover, bed rug, and side steps from Luke. Couldn’t believe the prices, saved hundreds.

GEAUXUL

Reaction score
I'm looking to hit Luke up about a tonneau cover. Does he have a specific email address or am I supposed to just use the email I find on truckalterations.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online