5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Vroom Sale

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys I wanted to come back and share my experience with selling with Vroom. Once I accepted my offer it was a fairly straight forward and easy process. They communicated well and moved things along reasonably considering they told me how crazy busy they were. It took about 2 weeks to get the contracts sent, signed and back to them.

Then came the picking up of my truck. It was picked up on 6-16-21 around 9:45am. The driver gave me the bill of lading and I sent it to Vroom within 10 minutes of the guy leaving with my truck. I waited until 6-22-21 to call Vroom and ask for an update. I had received no email or phone call regarding payment being sent out. I know the truck gets sent to Texas and needs to be inspected first but I didn’t think it was unreasonable to call ask for an update. The person I talked to said that he had opened a case concerning payment on the vehicle and that I should either get a phone call or see an email with 24-48hrs with tracking info on the payment. I waited until 6-25-21 to call back because again I had received no phone call or email. This time the person I spoke to said you have a case opened it has been assigned to some one and I should hear something within 72hrs.

Called again this morning because I still have received no communication from them. On Thursday this week the June payment for my truck will be 2 weeks late. I couldn’t make the payment at the time because it would have messed with the numbers in the contract. I told them this and said this is unacceptable, somebody needs to tell me what is going on. All they keep telling me is that the payments are sent out from the finance department and all they can do is message them and ask for updates. Needless to say I’m getting a little worried. I’m really disappointed because almost everything I’ve read about people selling to Vroom has been a good experience and mine was a good one too until they picked up the truck.

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
I was about to pull the trigger on a Vroom sale but I backed out because of this issue. There are people all over Facebook complaining about this exact issue. I wish you luck friend.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
After reading this I'm glad I decided to trade my 2020 Laramie instead of take the VROOM offer. It was a couple thousand higher than the trade in offer, but I was able to take advantage of the sales tax savings by trading. I hope you see your check soon. I can't imagine they won't follow through, but I can see how the waiting would be troublesome.

datammwv13

Reaction score
Wow. We had absolutely no issues with payment's. Picked up around 10:30 . Hauler prior to leaving issued bill of lading. I sent that to zoom. Around 7 pm est got email stating would be paying Ally off and would direct deposit difference to our checking. Next day when woke up had difference from payoff to have us deposited in our checking account.

Was a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. We had absolutely no issues with payment's. Picked up around 10:30 . Hauler prior to leaving issued bill of lading. I sent that to zoom. Around 7 pm est got email stating would be paying Ally off and would direct deposit difference to our checking. Next day when woke up had difference from payoff to have us deposited in our checking account.

Was a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
yeah this is pretty much what I had been hearing and seeing. I‘m sure it will get taking care of, it’s the lack of communication that bothers me

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading this I'm glad I decided to trade my 2020 Laramie instead of take the VROOM offer. It was a couple thousand higher than the trade in offer, but I was able to take advantage of the sales tax savings by trading. I hope you see your check soon. I can't imagine they won't follow through, but I can see how the waiting would be troublesome.
I would have liked to do that but I couldn’t get a trade offer that was less than a 5k difference from Vroom’s offer. I actually have an Autonation dealer in my area and I tried to get them to come close cause it would have been so much easier to just bring the truck to them but they said they couldn’t touch Vroom’s offer

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TFL posted a couple of videos about their experience with VROOM, and similar to the OPs experience. They were trying to buy a car and had 68k in limbo for a long time.

Noxpert

Reaction score
Just an FYI you shouldn't ignore your payment either. The bank will refund the extra when the loan is closed. Doesn't mess up contracts at all and better to not ding your credit with a late payment. I never trust anyone to come through on time with this stuff and my credit.

Nova90

Reaction score
Wow, didn't know Vroom worked that way. Carvana will give you a check on site when they pick up the vehicle...or you can have them send the funds directly into your bank account.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI you shouldn't ignore your payment either. The bank will refund the extra when the loan is closed. Doesn't mess up contracts at all and better to not ding your credit with a late payment. I never trust anyone to come through on time with this stuff and my credit.
Yeah if it’s not taken care of soon I’ll make the payment.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve read issues about people buying from them but not selling to them
TFL posted a couple of videos about their experience with VROOM, and similar to the OPs experience. They were trying to buy a car and had 68k in limbo for a long time.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing go ahead and make them payment the bank will eventually refund the difference I’ve done this on my past trade in so my credit wouldn’t be dinged with a late payment while the bank/dealer handles the rest. Sucks about the experience I’ve heard good/bad things with vroom so guys say it’s the easiest selling experience they’ve had but I don’t puke rather deal with a business in person in case issues like this arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As usual, your mileage may vary. Sounds like a local rep in charge of disbursements took a 2 week vacation and never told anyone.

Vroom corporate is buying millions of cars a quarter right now and I bet everyone up the chain is overworked and letting things fall through the cracks. Doesn't help your situation at all but that's probably what happened.

My experience was the opposite. Email the next day, check 5 days later.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it’s now been 15 days since they picked up my truck and still no confirmation on payment. Been 9 days since they opened a case to see what’s going on with the payment and I haven’t heard anything on that either. This is pathetic

I went ahead and made my June payment so I won’t get dinged on that. So now I have to deal with making sure I get that money back.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a contract that states the timeframe for payment? If they have exceeded that I would call your local police department and report the vehicle stolen. Seriously.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
We recently sold my wife's car to Vroom. I was apprehensive seeing some issues similar to OP, but I was not worried about making the extra payment (knowing it will be refunded by the lender when all the dust clears), but to us the big thing was getting their offer which gave us $3,600 in equity when everyone else was offering $5k less leaving us upside down.

I called them several times starting from the day after it was picked up to check the status of everything to make sure things didn't sit. The whole process took about 2 weeks, but they did finally overnight us a check for the equity and the lender a check to pay off the balance.

It sucks that OP is having issues, but all I can suggest is stay on top of them daily and document everything just in case.

Good luck!

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Is there a contract that states the timeframe for payment? If they have exceeded that I would call your local police department and report the vehicle stolen. Seriously.
I'd consider notifying the buyer before doing so to let them know they had a finite amount of time before you opted for that route. But yeah, if nothing is settled that is an option.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's anything the police can do at this point. He signed the truck over to them of his own free will. But I'm not a lawyer so what do I know? :ROFLMAO: I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. But I agree about giving them an ultimatum.

dwalme

Reaction score
Sold my Jeep to Vroom at the end of last year. Received an overnight FedEx check the next day.

There is no way my Jeep made it to it's destination let alone inspected before they cut the check.

If you haven't received the money it likely has nothing to do with your vehicle. It's probably just an administrative problem in the finance department.

U

User_3336

Carvana has a little better seamless process. Is there a reason why VROOM was preferred?

Users who are viewing this thread