5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with communication to canbus using ALFOBD to support BSM

tpeddle

Reaction score
I read the forums posts on BSM. What I’ve done is I bought BSM mirrors, new LED taillights with bsm , I installed the wiring harness from infotainment.com. the wiring is right and left direct replacement to the taillights and a pigtail that connects to a harness ran from the taillights to the canbus. I had a SGW by pass and an OBD software installer. Here is the problem I have no connection with the taillights and the canbus. So after reading the comments I bought ALFOBD and a Bluetooth OBDLink MX + OBD2 reader. I cannot get ALFOBD to read the canbus. So I purchased the Yellow and Blue OBD cable like the ALFOBD web page said. In short I still can’t get the OBD reader to connect to the truck’s canbus. Anybody have any ideas to help.
My truck is a 22 Ram 1500 DT. Thanks for my comments.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read the forums posts on BSM. What I’ve done is I bought BSM mirrors, new LED taillights with bsm , I installed the wiring harness from infotainment.com. the wiring is right and left direct replacement to the taillights and a pigtail that connects to a harness ran from the taillights to the canbus. I had a SGW by pass and an OBD software installer. Here is the problem I have no connection with the taillights and the canbus. So after reading the comments I bought ALFOBD and a Bluetooth OBDLink MX + OBD2 reader. I cannot get ALFOBD to read the canbus. So I purchased the Yellow and Blue OBD cable like the ALFOBD web page said. In short I still can’t get the OBD reader to connect to the truck’s canbus. Anybody have any ideas to help.
My truck is a 22 Ram 1500 DT. Thanks for my comments.
You will need the security bypass cable in order to program your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread