5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trim Piece and Clip/Attachment Part# help. Also, keep an eye out for rocks. :)

1D32319

Reaction score
Took me 7 months and almost 12K miles to finally put a ding in my truck. A new record for me. Surprised it took this long. Keep an eye out for big rocks.

Slightly dented the rear fender, but it is workable. Broke the trim piece and the two attaching clips and would like to replace it.

I found this diagram, but I'm struggling to find the exact part numbers I need to buy.

Need the part and two clips.

Thanks for any input.

IMG_0661.jpg

Trying to epoxy it up now for a temp fix

IMG_0670.jpg

i2545995.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The piece you need is called a spat. Check yours for the correct part number. I'm assuming one is for trucks without fender flares, and the other is for trucks with fender flares. Not sure about the fasteners though.
Rear Spat.JPG

1D32319

Reaction score
If only I was smart enough to check the part number before I expoxied it up.

Was able to take a pic and it is 68275919AB.

Well that is simple-feel like a dummy for asking.

I'll probably just order a couple of each of the likely looking fasteners

Thanks all!

Edit to add, the clips are looking like: 68092697AA, W type trim clips. I ordered some so we'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one of those if you want it. I'll to double check. I had to remove it to install my fender flares.

1D32319

Reaction score
I have one of those if you want it. I'll to double check. I had to remove it to install my fender flares.

Late reply, sorry.

Thank you very much, but FedEx is set to deliver tomorrow. The part wasn't expensive either.

Another thing I found is my local Oreilly auto parts custom mixes auto paint. Never knew they did that.

1D32319

Reaction score
Well that was easy. The new "spat" comes with the clips.

I'll find time this week to clean things up and repaint before putting the new one on. I need to do it before we get a big snow storm and the roads get salty.

IMG_0693.jpg

1D32319

Reaction score
Same with my local NAPA. They'll even put it in an aerosol can if it's just for a small job.

Spray can at Oreillys as well, but I'll have to check Napa the next time I'm in need. I generally like the folks that work there better.

I'm never buying another can of Duplicolor again. Bonus that they include the ingrediants on the label.'

IMG_0699.jpg IMG_0700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread