5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triggered alert for Charging System

Rau

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am getting this email every day for the last several days that my truck’s charging system needs to be inspected for an alert. The truck itself doesn’t have any messages or indication of any problems.

I already have an appointment, but was wondering if anyone had experience with this. I am thinking to connect to it and check.

5791c816a192dd6d8dd0ea44aba21d21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The ram app\website has been sending me crap that isn't for my truck like various other powertrain codes (that are not even registered in the truck as historical codes).

You can have your ODB2 port scanned if you want.
I think Ram is just trying to get people into the dealership, really odd way if you ask me.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ram app\website has been sending me crap that isn't for my truck like various other powertrain codes (that are not even registered in the truck as historical codes).

You can have your ODB2 port scanned if you want.
I think Ram is just trying to get people into the dealership, really odd way if you ask me.
Same here. The app sends me a "monthly" health report every other day.

Reactions: Rau

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I just had an appointment today for the same issue. The dealer conducted the battery and charging system test and the machine indicated that everything was working within parameters. I wasted the entire morning at the dealer thx to that message, I’ve been getting it daily for the past two weeks. Although, I also had a “battery requires attention” message in the UC5 screen.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Yup, I started getting this BS daily, too
1673022885032.png

Guess I'm going to turn off or de-register my email. I've maintained my own vehicles for the last 20 years, My truck isn't getting serviced unless there's an obvious problem I can see on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread