5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trigger Pulled!!

Squatch79

Reaction score
Well I ordered a lift, wheels and tires yesterday. I ended up going with a 20x10 -18mm offset Fuel Rebel (Anthracite center with black lip) wrapped in 305/55/R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For the lift I'm not going crazy just doing a loaded strut level from RC. Ever since I've bought the truck I've hated the stance. 18" +19mm offset on a Laramie trim level? WTF Ram? Here's to hoping this set-up will finally make it look like a 4WD truck. Attached pic is when I bought it in July of 2021 After pics coming in 7-10 days.

Attachments

• RAM 1.jpg
    RAM 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 182

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a heads up on the 305/55R20 Ridge Grapplers. They come in a XL and LT version. If you don't tow much, the XL's might work for you. The XL's only weigh 51 lbs., compared to the LT's weighing in at 63 lbs., which will make a big difference in fuel economy and ride quality.

Squatch79

Reaction score
Just a heads up on the 305/55R20 Ridge Grapplers. They come in a XL and LT version. If you don't tow much, the XL's might work for you. The XL's only weigh 51 lbs., compared to the LT's weighing in at 63 lbs., which will make a big difference in fuel economy and ride quality.
I ended up going with the XL's no need to have a 10 or 12 ply tire on a half ton truck.

Ruger

Reaction score
Squatch, keep us posted brother I want to do the same exact setup but with different wheels. Really want to see pics of the -18 wheels and how much poke you get passed the fenders.

Sbauhan

Reaction score
So interested in seeing where the wheels/tires sit relative to the fender!

Squatch79

Reaction score
Well here are the pics. Between weather being crappy and HS baseball season starting up this weekend, I haven't had much time to take any pics of it during the daylight hours, so snapped these this morning at the office. Truck is sitting on a little bit of slope so it's not perfectly level. I have a little more tire poke than I thought I would have but I can live with it. A little bit of rubbing on the inner fender liner while reversing at full lock and dependent on what the terrain is underneath at the time. The RC 2" loaded struts are more like 2.375" or 2.50" lifting struts as it is a little nose high. Hopefully the springs will settle some and it will level out. If not I'm not too worried about it. Ride is very close to stock. Overall I'm happy. Think it turned out pretty good. Enjoy

Attachments

• RAM 1.JPG
    RAM 1.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 180
  • RAM 2.JPG
    RAM 2.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 207
  • RAM 3.JPG
    RAM 3.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 208
  • RAM 4.JPG
    RAM 4.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 204
  • RAM 5.JPG
    RAM 5.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 175

Ruger

Reaction score
Well here are the pics. Between weather being crappy and HS baseball season starting up this weekend, I haven't had much time to take any pics of it during the daylight hours, so snapped these this morning at the office. Truck is sitting on a little bit of slope so it's not perfectly level. I have a little more tire poke than I thought I would have but I can live with it. A little bit of rubbing on the inner fender liner while reversing at full lock and dependent on what the terrain is underneath at the time. The RC 2" loaded struts are more like 2.375" or 2.50" lifting struts as it is a little nose high. Hopefully the springs will settle some and it will level out. If not I'm not too worried about it. Ride is very close to stock. Overall I'm happy. Think it turned out pretty good. Enjoy
Squatch, the truck looks great brother and thanks for following up with pics. With any luck I’ll doing my truck in the near future.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks amazing!

Dewey

Reaction score
Wow really improved your truck from stock. Any changes in gas mileage?

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Looks great! Really digging the rim choice as well. I'm getting the same size tires and level this spring. If you could redo it, would you have chosen less offset? Say 0? I want just a slight poke and you're comment stuck out to me regarding more tire poke than you thought.

jiffi

Reaction score
Looks great, I have been contemplating what tire combo and level kit to use, I think you have answered my questions. The rubbing is the only thing that bugs me as I reverse into my parking spot full lock daily .

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Looks great, I have been contemplating what tire combo and level kit to use, I think you have answered my questions. The rubbing is the only thing that bugs me as I reverse into my parking spot full lock daily .

I believe the -18 offset is why those tires rub. I have the same tires with -12 offset wheels and I didn't have any rubbing until I added the Husky Mud Guards. I have modified the mud guards and I don't have rubbing any more.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I believe the -18 offset is why those tires rub. I have the same tires with -12 offset wheels and I didn't have any rubbing until I added the Husky Mud Guards. I have modified the mud guards and I don't have rubbing any more.
I think that is has more to do with his rim width. Several folks on custom offsets have the 305/55/20 setup with level and don't rub (on 20x9 rims). Squatch has 20x10 and that's the only conclusion I come to for the rubbing. I could also be completely wrong 😂

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread