5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried to use Ram app. Is this a bunch of BS?

U

User_3336

UC4 for the most part was controlled by AT&T and Siruis Guardian.

UC5 services are called "ram connect". I think its still controllled by Sirius Guardian and at&t (who provides the signal). because it read in an OTA update that you must have clear access to an A&T or Rogers cell tower.

Not sure why they changed the name. It does operate off a different website as well (UC5)

Not sure why you'd want to pay for Maps and NAV in a subscription, when its powered by TomTom, and updates are free online (17GB download). Probably some services like gas prices, and weather., etc etc are in the sub.

CHEVROLET has went to a GOOGLE map system, which involves you keeping onstar and a data connection thru at&t. Some have said you can still use google maps if you have hotspot on your phone. Outside of a sub or data connection, the screen is blank in nav.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Lucky.. I let mine run out, wanted to keep it.. got them down to $115 for a year from the 165 they wanted.
I’ll run it the first year. I do use the remote start, the remote lock/unlock a few times already, and the locator is nice to have. It’s nice to have remote start when you’re further away from the vehicle in the cold winter or hot summer…. I leave my auto climate on 95% of the time.

Third world problems, I know…. I’ll see if it’s worth it to me once the year is up.
I let my factory 3 month run out to see if I got that “no wait…come back to us for X price” email, waited a month, never got it…

I‘m assuming my truck is also AT&T (2023) as purchasing a hot spot is available through them. Uh, no thanks on that one.. LOL

79 300

Reaction score
I took delivery of a 2024 Ram 2500 last week. It took 2 salesman and a manager over 90 minutes to get the Ram app registered and working, including several phone calls, password requests, and who knows what else, and like others said, it's neat and all but I will probably rarely use it. The vehicle health report is the main thing I'm interested in. thumbnail_PXL_20240314_205850682.jpg

I expected it to take less than an hour to pick up the new truck, and instead it took almost 3 hours.

U

User_3336

I took delivery of a 2024 Ram 2500 last week. It took 2 salesman and a manager over 90 minutes to get the Ram app registered and working, including several phone calls, password requests, and who knows what else, and like others said, it's neat and all but I will probably rarely use it. The vehicle health report is the main thing I'm interested in. View attachment 179019

I expected it to take less than an hour to pick up the new truck, and instead it took almost 3 hours

Here's the thing. If you are buying a new RAM, and you want to use the APP functions, the best thing to do is to download the app BEFORE you get there, create a username and password BEFORE you get there, then its a simple matter of using what ever email you signed up for, and using that to register your truck. Dealers make it overly hard to accomplish this, when its quite simple.

Now, if one forgets the password, etc etc, and has to create duplicate accounts, that can be a nightmare to fix, and, from experience, if the dealer doesn't do the registration correctly, and use the correct email, your truck will NEVER show as "OWNER" in the mopar app either (it will show non-owner), and that is another series of headaches to get corrected.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Yup.. I made the mistake of replying to my sales guy, ONE TIME, from my work email instead of my personal email.
THat’s what they signed me up with… it was a bit of a PITA to change it over, granted, I’m a 20 plus year IT pro, yeah.. agree with Greg. Download the app and sign up/create an account PRIOR to getting the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread