5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax for the first time

RSConsulting

Reaction score
You do any surface prep prior to applying (claybar/etc)?

I bought a couple of bottles of NexGen - but it already needs a clay bar & I'm too lazy to do it - especially now in SoFla where it's already 90 degrees...

LOL

Rick

bigoldthor

Reaction score
You do any surface prep prior to applying (claybar/etc)?

I bought a couple of bottles of NexGen - but it already needs a clay bar & I'm too lazy to do it - especially now in SoFla where it's already 90 degrees...

LOL

Rick
No serious surface prep. Just washed it and then wiped it down with some pre-moistened Armor All cleaning wipes. Made sure it was dry then applied this hybrid dry as well. They say do the first application with a wash, rinse, spray on the Meguiar's, then wipe it down. But I've watched some videos that said it seemed to work better with a more traditional wipe on then buff off application. So I did that with m.f. cloths and am just gonna let it cure. Next treatment I may do the spray on-->rinse-->wipe down treatment, but it's unlikely I'll ever do the simply spray on --> rinse off process because I think it'll just use too much spray and not spread it evenly enough.

I'm like you...too lazy to do anything heavy duty anymore, e.g. clay bars, lol. Right there with you, man!

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I should add that I had it Simonized at the dealer so it already had some type of a ceramic (or similar) coat on it beforehand, so I didn't want to do anything too aggressive to take that off. Not sure if that made a huge difference but wanted to throw it in.

djjr50

Reaction score
I saw this on Pan the Organizer's youtube channel and have it coming next week. I am in N FL and it is getting hot. Hoping to get it applied after a clay treatment.

zlman

Reaction score
I'm really impressed with these new ceramic waxes and sprays, I've gone all in with the turtle wax line and have gotten rid of all my old standbys of compounds and waxes.
Just waiting for the weather to improve here in MN, 31* this morning, light snow lastnight, I'm sick of this crap. :mad:

67 RT

Reaction score
They last a LOT longer the traditional wipe on waxes. I’ve yet to break one down completely. They last an entire winter here no problem (about 4/5 months). YouTube the torture tests of these waxes. They kill traditional waxes.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you stack a couple of layers it will last for a good while. So basically after each wash just add another layer until you get 3-4 built up. I did that with the Mothers CMX on my Mustang and the water still beaded up after 7-8 months. I only washed it with Chemical Guys snow foam and it lasted that long. That being said it didn’t work as well on my wheels or windows.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of good stuff about the new TurtleWax ceramics from various details so I may give that a shot once I get the truck professionally ceramic coated.

PaRamRod

Reaction score
I bought into the new TurtleWax Ceramic system. I am sure glad I did. The paint correction wax goes on/off like butter and their sprays are fantastic. It can all be used on the glass and trim with no issues. Excellent water runoff.

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
Turtle wax seal and shine is also an excellent product!. You can look it up on youtube for reviews.
download.jpeg.jpg

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been using the Meguiars hybrid spray. I really like it. I ran out and all videos I’ve watched it did well.
The seal and shine Has blown me away on torture tests. So I’m going to try it out now.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Turtle wax seal and shine is also an excellent product!. You can look it up on youtube for reviews.
View attachment 50239
Yes, this one has been killing it, too. Saw the comparison on several youtube videos and this one seems to hold up best torture tests. Only thing I've heard negative is that it can leave streaking if not applied correctly, but maybe they've changed up some things to correct that issue.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
View attachment 50239
This is what I use and it has been great so far. I've never owned a black vehicle before and I really wanted to protect paint so it came down to ceramic coating or Ice Seal & Shine. Thought I'd use the Seal & Shine until I saved up for the full ceramic. This stuff is so easy and works so good I plan to just stay with it. Applied the first (only) coat in early October and I hand wash on average once per week and just this weekend I noticed it might need a second coat. 7+ months in Houston with all our heat and pollution seems pretty good to me.

As for applying, what worked best for me was a light mist, let set for 30 seconds or so, wipe with short nap micro fiber to smooth it out then buff with a fluff polishing micro fiber. No streaks or splotches.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

bigoldthor

Reaction score
This is what I use and it has been great so far. I've never owned a black vehicle before and I really wanted to protect paint so it came down to ceramic coating or Ice Seal & Shine. Thought I'd use the Seal & Shine until I saved up for the full ceramic. This stuff is so easy and works so good I plan to just stay with it. Applied the first (only) coat in early October and I hand wash on average once per week and just this weekend I noticed it might need a second coat. 7+ months in Houston with all our heat and pollution seems pretty good to me.

As for applying, what worked best for me was a light mist, let set for 30 seconds or so, wipe with short nap micro fiber to smooth it out then buff with a fluff polishing micro fiber. No streaks or splotches.

I've only used the Meguiar's once but I've seen and read a lot of good things about the TW product. I may pick up a bottle and try it too on the next application. For the price, there's really no risk.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
I've only used the Meguiar's once but I've seen and read a lot of good things about the TW product. I may pick up a bottle and try it too on the next application. For the price, there's really no risk.
Yep, for the price no reason to not try it. One bottle has done my crew cab, daughters Escape and other daughters Grand Cherokee. Wife's Sequoia is next on the list but it needs at least a good clay bar treatment first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online