5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tribute for Prince Philip

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice tribute. (y)

I heard this morning that he died. I honestly didn't know who he was until now. I've heard the name, but I really have no reason to keep up with the British royals (or any other royals for that matter).

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice tribute. (y)

I heard this morning that he died. I honestly didn't know who he was until now. I've heard the name, but I really have no reason to keep up with the British royals (or any other royals for that matter).
Yeah thank you, he's Queen Elizabeth II's husband, Father of Prince Charles, Father in Law to the Late Princess Diana, formal Royal of Greece and Denmark, served in the Royal Navy, oldest ever British Royal; among other things.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching that series "The Crown" and it seemed like it must have been a tough spot he was in when he became the backup band so early on. Anyway, I heard he did a lot of nice things for some charities. I have to admit that as an American - nay, as a lover of liberty - I'm frankly puzzled by the continued existence of a "royal family" into the 21st century. No disrespect intended, but it seems like a really expensive welfare program to me to keep these people going :) - and I say this as a guy who's always liked every Brit I've ever met. We even got to go on their ship when I was in the Navy and drink beer, which was pretty novel for us US sailors who were stuck drinking punch or smuggled hooch on our ship!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching that series "The Crown" and it seemed like it must have been a tough spot he was in when he became the backup band so early on. Anyway, I heard he did a lot of nice things for some charities. I have to admit that as an American - nay, as a lover of liberty - I'm frankly puzzled by the continued existence of a "royal family" into the 21st century. No disrespect intended, but it seems like a really expensive welfare program to me to keep these people going :) - and I say this as a guy who's always liked every Brit I've ever met. We even got to go on their ship when I was in the Navy and drink beer, which was pretty novel for us US sailors who were stuck drinking punch or smuggled hooch on our ship!
Not to make this a political thread or anything but The Royal Family not only exists as a symbol of Great Britain, the Commonwealths, and her Over Seas Territories, but also as a legitimate governing body in the form of a Constitutional Monarchy. There's over a thousand years of government and tradition in the Royal Family. You could say, "what's the point of a lot of the Constitution in 2021?". I'm an American myself, but I firmly believe Americans, as British Colonials, were more free in the 1700s then we are today. I also appreciate the history of the Monarchy. As a monarchist, I also love liberty; colonials who fought for King George the III were literally the first to be called 'patriots', in both the French and Indian Wars as well as the American Revolution. Think of it this way, Loyalists (Royalists), either moved to the South of the US, back to Great Britain, or mostly, up to Canada. Which was essentially a 13 Colonies 2.0.

Anywho, its a sad loss, and while most Americans don't care for the Royal Family or Monarchies, I appreciate them and was just showing support; while also getting a cool pic of the Ram to kind of bring it together on this forum; specifically if there were other Ram owners who either shared the same thoughts or opinions; or with just other Ram Owners overseas. I appreciate the dialogue and the Naval stories haha.

Users who are viewing this thread