5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triangular bed support brackets.

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with a multifunction tailgate and would like to remove the triangular bed support brackets to install a fiberglass tonneau. I am aware there are other covers that will work, and I've read the threads pertaining to this issue. I have considered all the opinions on structural issues and have considered the RightOn brackets as well. I would like to hear opinions on this just one last time with some additional input on my use of the truck. Its going to be use for some retirement road trips, two or 3 times a year, and the most action the bed will likely is some luggage from time to time. When not on road trips it will be used for very light duty occasionally , more than likely the grandkids bikes. With that in mind, I would appreciate any thoughts out there on weather or not you would remove them to install the fiberglass cover. I'm leaning hard to remove them, just need a little push one way or the other.

Thanks

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are there to prevent the sides of the bed from flexing due to the MFT, I wouldn't remove them completely. I'd hate for you to at some point need to leave the cover and/or tailgate down and end up tweaking your bed.

Reaction score
They are there to prevent the sides of the bed from flexing due to the MFT, I wouldn't remove them completely. I'd hate for you to at some point need to leave the cover and/or tailgate down and end up tweaking your bed.
Appreciate that!

SASK_RT

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with a multifunction tailgate and would like to remove the triangular bed support brackets to install a fiberglass tonneau. I am aware there are other covers that will work, and I've read the threads pertaining to this issue. I have considered all the opinions on structural issues and have considered the RightOn brackets as well. I would like to hear opinions on this just one last time with some additional input on my use of the truck. Its going to be use for some retirement road trips, two or 3 times a year, and the most action the bed will likely is some luggage from time to time. When not on road trips it will be used for very light duty occasionally , more than likely the grandkids bikes. With that in mind, I would appreciate any thoughts out there on weather or not you would remove them to install the fiberglass cover. I'm leaning hard to remove them, just need a little push one way or the other.

Thanks
There are aftermarket brackets to replace the factory ones to allow clearance for covers:
Right On Bracket

Reaction score
There are aftermarket brackets to replace the factory ones to allow clearance for covers:
Right On Bracket
I've got them, but I'm told the fiberglass covers will not work with them either. Looks like I'm going with the Retrax Pro XR. It will work with the brackets from Right ON. Just can't convince myself to remove the factory brackets after reviewing all the comments on the subject. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread