5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tri-fold cover

Musky mike

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Please give me your feedback on a good Tri-Fold cover that doesn't leak and lasts a long time (not leaking is very important to me). It is for a 2019 Ram 1500.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just ordered a BakFlip. I've heard good things. You need to seal around the tailgate. I'll provide feedback once it is installed and tested.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I have the Undercover Ultra Flex and love it. No complaints so far and seals very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

puba08

Reaction score
My rough country works just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Gator Hybrid. I have had it over a year now and even in the Florida rain my bed stays dry. It sits on top of the rails and clamps on with four built in clamps. I chose this cover because it has the look of a soft cover (which I like) but it has a hard cover under the vinyl. So far I have no complaints.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have the WeatherTech hard cover and have driven in some driving down rain and and the bed/cargo was dry. I like that it is aluminum and I feel it is more secure then the soft or plastic top ones.

I weigh 220 and I have actually walked on mine so I would feel comfortable putting something on top and securing it there as well

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the WeatherTech hard cover and have driven in some driving down rain and and the bed/cargo was dry. I like that it is aluminum and I feel it is more secure then the soft or plastic top ones.

I weigh 220 and I have actually walked on mine so I would feel comfortable putting something on top and securing it there as well
Wow. That's pretty brave walking on your cover. I don't think I would trust it. That must be a pretty stout cover.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Please give me your feedback on a good Tri-Fold cover that doesn't leak and lasts a long time (not leaking is very important to me). It is for a 2019 Ram 1500.
I have the factory one. Easy to use and I barely get any water in (very little).
Also, still looks new.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Billy James, it is the hard cover and this is what they state “the bed cover incorporates strong aluminum panels with durable, watertight, reinforced vinyl coated hinges. Each panel is made from aluminum alloy commonly found in commercial trailers – yeah, we got you covered!
Extruded aluminum channels support the panels to hold up to 400 pounds of evenly distributed weight, while weighing approximately 50 pounds for a high strength-to-weight ratio.”

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
I have researched these a lot and I'm set on an Undercover Ultra Flex or Bakflip MX4 - Does anyone know if/when these can be had in the low $700 range? It's crazy how expensive these are. My neighbor has an MX-4 for his F150 and he told me black Friday..?

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I have researched these a lot and I'm set on an Undercover Ultra Flex or Bakflip MX4 - Does anyone know if/when these can be had in the low $700 range? It's crazy how expensive these are. My neighbor has an MX-4 for his F150 and he told me black Friday..?

I was deciding between these two as well and went with the Ultra Flex and love it. I liked how it has the soft underside and also comes with the light strip. It’s seals very well also. Haven’t seen them around $700. Mostly upper $800’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJS

Reaction score
One of my criteria for a tri-fold was for it to leave as much room available with the cover up as possible. That way there was no need to remove it if I carried large objects. That actually lead to basically a quad-fold with the three sections folding up with a few inches of the cab. I picked the Undercover Armorflex but there are several brands that offer them.

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
Lomax tri-fold here. I like that it fits between the rails. Looks super clean and leaves the bed rails open for future use.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lomax for 2years, no complaints and price was the best. Contacted the guy here on the forum. Believe his name was Luke.

TVANVA

Reaction score
I've had the BakFlip MX4 (the RAMBox version) for about a year and a half. The MX4 seals really well and I've never seen a leak forward of the tailgate corners. The 1500 tailgate design leaves about a 1/2" gap in the corners.

Easy to fix. Go to your local home improvement store and get a roll of 3/4" closed cell foam self-stick weatherstrip. Apply in the gap, but tilt it slightly so that any water falling in the gap gets routed to fall vertically between the tailgate and bed wall. Works great. Not sure why BakFlip doesn't supply the weatherstrip (maybe they do now).

Price on the MX4 is negotiable from resellers, but that takes some effort. I got mine during a sort of group buy on this forum, but that was a while back.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just installed a BakFlip F1 and it is really nice. Folds all the way up to the cab with full access to the bed. Fits within the bed rails too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread